Since 1987, Empire Machinery & Tools Ltd. has positioned themselves as a full-service machinery distributor to the metal fabrication and sheet metal manufacturing industries across Canada and the US.Empire distributes a wide range of new metal working equipment manufactured in North America and around the world, as well as recycling used equipment through trade-ins and consignment sales.
A growth-focused Outside Salesperson is required to service the Manitoba/Saskatchewan market. You will be responsible for increasing market share, building relationships within the existing customer base, as well as identifying and qualifying new customers. This is a tremendous opportunity to grow with an expanding company where you can work independently, set goals, and reap the benefits of your success.
Empire is proud of their history with long term employees and provides a competitive base salary plus commission, company vehicle, comprehensive benefits and training in a team environment.
Job Description Details
- Target and acquire new business in the Manitoba/Saskatchewan Market, identifying the decision makers and key stakeholders within the prospective organization. (Position requires 1 week per quarter travel to Saskatchewan to maintain our current customer base and to develop new ones).
- Provide effective follow-up to all quotes.
- Commit to continuous education on the equipment we distribute and the industries served by Empire.
- Utilize both your superior telephone sales skills and salesmanship in face to face sales presentations.
- Utilize Empire’s CRM database to manage client relationship through all phases of the sales cycle.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous outside sales experience in a similar industry and/or business to business sales is required
- A post-secondary education related to Business or Sales is an asset
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills with experience using MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- Previous experience with CRM software is an asset
- Proven sales ability; strong qualifying and prospecting skills
- Highly organized; a self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Willing to learn, able to work with minimal supervision, and resilient when facing challenges
- Clear and professional communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas
- Professional demeanor, selling style, and appearance
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-visit planning, call control, account development, and time and territory management
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- High level of integrity and a very strong work ethic
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Outside Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Winnipeg, MB (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)