Western Forest Products is seeking Grapple Yard Operators to join our Port McNeil Forest Operations located on Northern Vancouver Island, BC.
These are hourly United Steel Worker (USW) union positions with wage rates as per the collective agreement.
These positions are currently on a 5x2 shift, Monday to Friday.
These positions are considered safety sensitive, all successful candidates will be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Who You Are:
- Must be fully qualified with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in BC Coastal Logging.
- First aid training/WHMIS preferred (valid Level 3 First Aid ticket a definite asset).
- Excellent safety record and strong work ethic.
- You are a highly motivated team player with excellent skills in relation to time management and prioritizing.
- You have creative and innovative thinking and logical problem solving, verified by your references who confirm you as a person that is accountable and dependable.
- Demonstrated ability to work both as part of a team and with minimal supervision.
- Accountable and dependable.
About Northern Vancouver Island
Living on Vancouver Island North is an opportunity wrapped in a lifestyle. Affordable homes, diverse careers, safe and strong communities, good schools, and endless outdoor activities are present. Vancouver Island North is one of British Columbia’s most abundant and diverse natural resource regions and presents a variety of geological features like deep ocean sounds, coastal inlets, mountains, glacier fields, karsts and caverns, temperate rainforests, rugged coastline, and long wide valleys.
About Western Forest Products:
Western Forest Products is a Canadian forest products company that sustainably manages forests and manufactures high-quality wood products. We are committed to providing the most sustainable building products on the planet. With operations in the coastal region of British Columbia and Washington State, Western Forest Products meets the needs of customers worldwide with a specialty wood products focus and diverse product offering sourced from our secure access to a variety of coastal BC tree species. Our progressive approach to safe and sustainable forestry practices and large investment in manufacturing ensures the health and prosperity of our forests, communities and business for generations to come.
We provide equal opportunity in recruitment, career development, promotion, training and rewards for all employees
Job Type: Full-time