Come join our team at the newest WeWork downtown Vancouver with great views and an awesome vibe. Think free-flowing coffee all day and weekly happy hours! Want to join us? We are looking for a new Creative Writer to join our team.
About Abacus Brands:
Abacus Brands is a startup that specializes in AR/VR tech toys for kids. With the blessing of local Vancouver publisher Spicebox Books, Abacus Brands has branched out to focus on full immersion STEM education products and toys.
Our latest product line and brand, Professor Maxwell’s 4D Lab is a cutting edge line of kid’s Augmented & Virtual Reality products that combine education, projects and technology. This is our fastest growing sector and our team is ready to expand. We are looking for a kick-ass, dynamic and vibrant Content Writer to join Professor Maxwell’s team. This new brand has already won multiple toy awards and generating massive buzz in the industry so finding the right person in terms of cultural fit is critical to our growth and synergy!
If you are passionate about writing, children, tech, toys, and education, you have come to the right place! While you truly excel at writing, it is critically important that you also love sinking your teeth into the research and development side of things, and can soak up information easily. You’ll be an integral part of our product development process, so being excited about what we do and the products we offer is a must!
Duties & Responsibilities of the Creative Writer in Children’s Product Development Role:
This role is ideal for a creative individual with a discerning eye and a thirst for writing creative, engaging and fun content. You’ll actively be curating content, presenting ideas and using your unique ability to write imaginative, playful and educational content.
- Identifying topics that are important to various audiences and finding original ways of creating content that provides value
- Assisting in the creative side of product development projects from concept through to commercialization
- Working closely and effectively with others to communicate ideas, thoughts and strategies regarding content.
- Researching and collecting information from multiple sources to the point where you become a subject matter expert
- Write targeted, compelling and high-quality content
Experience & Requirements of the Creative Writer in Children’s Product Development Role:
While experience and qualifications are important to us, so are values and passion for the product.
- Bachelor's degree (Preferably in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or English)
- 3+ years of experience writing and editing content
- Exceptional writing skills and is capable of writing creative, clean and polished content
- Excellent oral communication skills and works well in a team environment
- Previous work with children’s books or content directed at children would be an asset
- Positive, upbeat attitude, with a shared passion for children’s tech products
Benefits & Perks of the Creative Writer in Children’s Product Development Role:
We truly feel that happy employees make the best employees! That is why we offer competitive wages and room for advancement as we grow.
- Competitive pay and opportunity for advancement within the company
- Exciting startup environment
- Annual raises
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Great downtown location. You’ll be able to hit up the trendy hot-spots for lunch and coffee
- Ability to contribute, collaborate and be part of a growing company
- A professional, yet fun culture where you are valued
- Free coffee & beer, with weekly luncheons and happy hours in the WeWork community
Interested? Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. This is your chance as a writer to tell us about yourself, and why you think this position is right for you.
Abacus Brands Team
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Vancouver, BC (Required)