Do you have a passion for nutritition, ingredients and formulas?
Do you like working in a team to create consumer products?
Do you care about health and fitness and enjoy living a healthy lifestyle?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, then this job is for YOU!!
We want you to be part of our team IF you are a highly motivated, experienced individual with a passion for nutrition along with a commitment to delivering results on time! Fit Foods™ is the maker of the Pure Vita Labs™ (PVL™), Mutant®, North Coast Naturals™ and Whey Gourmet® powders and supplements. Due to our continuing global growth and our vision to be amongst the very BEST active nutrition supplement companies in the world, we have a unique career opportunity for a dedicated star who strives to deliver and improve!
Fit Foods is currently looking for a Jr. Label Writerto join our team full-time; who will collaborate in label text writing & label text compilation activities for our food and dietary supplement labels while taking into account various government regulatory authorities, primarily Canadian. This position reports to the Label Writer at this time.
- Draft/write/create/coordinate each product label’s text file for approval, for use by the Art Department in their creation of finished label art
- Draft/write ingredient and nutrition facts elements for labels knowing various regulatory needs; includes product name, weight statement, ingredient statement, allergen declaration, descriptions, nutrition facts panel and claims which meet local regulations and standard of identities
- Review and evaluate supporting documentation for accuracy and consistency with the submission text and for compliance with the CFIA, NNHPD, FDA, and other international regulations & guidelines
- Interact with R & D, Art Department, Marketing, CEO, Regulatory Affairs, CFO/VP of Operations, and other various departments to ensure that label text and timeline expectations are known, and tasks are right and completed on time
- Keep current on label and pertinent regulatory procedures and changes
- Other pertinent duties as assigned by the CEO and other Managers as needed
- We make 3 main types of labels routinely: Canada (CFIA and NNHPD); EU; USA. Although infrequent, other country-specific labels are created as needeed
- Review the correctness of Label Text Extract created by art, verifying if it is precisely the same as the approved Label Text File.
- Use the Label Elements Layout List Template (Checklist) as guidance while creating the Label Text File.
- Follow Regulatory Decision-Making documents created by Label Coordinator and directed by the CEO.
- Review the label text on the received new label vs approved PDF and maintain the log for them
- Maintain the filing of Label review process folders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2+ years of experience in Quality Assurance role for Foods, Natural Health Products and/or Dietary Supplements
- Solid working knowledge of CFIA regulations and requirements; should have understanding of dietary supplement and food labels in at least in our primary regulatory areas (CFIA, NNHPD)
- Knowledge of other country label requirements would be a plus. FDA, EU are also a large segment of our labels – others countries too will be added as our business expands
- Breadth of experience with different food formats and solid understanding of food safety and allergens
- Motivated self-starter with positive attitude, and willing to learn
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; the incumbent must be able to interact well with others
- Must be able to follow-up, handle multiple projects, and exercise good judgment to meet multiple deadline
- Above average spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Should have the ability to identify and recommend solutions to problems
- High level of attention to detail; our labels must be right the first time when we print them
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and document formatting
- Familiarity with Genesis program is an asset; should have familiarity with project management software
- The incumbent must be highly organized, able to solve complex problems, and manage a number or volume of projects at the same time
- Some complicated and analytical tasks may need to be completed within tight deadlines and some overtime may be required
- Degree in a Science related program (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science, Microbiology, etc.) is required.
Why work for Fit Foods?
- Grow your career, we offer competitive pay with exceptional benefits
- Education support to further develop your professional skills
- Solid allowances for use of our own products & gym membership incentives
- Fun social events and social responsibility programs
- Exceptional Benefits Package paid 100% by the company after probation period
Interested candidates in this exciting opportunity include links to samples of work and a resume or online portfolio by email before June 28, 2019.
Job Type: Full-time