MECHANICAL, EI&C AND RELIABILITY CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
We are looking to recruit, hire, and develop maintenance professionals for careers within our pulp and paper operations. This includes individuals with experience in the mechanical, electrical, instrumentation & controls, and reliability areas of responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will understand how strategic maintenance teams strengthen and add value to the business. We are recruiting individuals who have skills and knowledge in the areas of planning, supervision, reliability and overall maintenance management. We have positions available at all levels from entry through senior management for both technical specialists as well as individuals who aspire to lead our maintenance teams.
Who We Are:
Our team operates with highly technical, fast-paced, competitive businesses and is part of an integrated forest products value chain under J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI). Our goal is to play an integrated role in sustainbly transforming our renewable forest resources into value-added products for today's consumer markets.
We are not just invested in forest products, we are invested in people. We know that our overall success is a combined effort, and we therefore strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and thrive. Being curious and focused on innovation is key to leading a successful team. True leaders never stop learning and are never satisfied with the status quo.
We operate four Pulp and Paper Mills out of Saint John and St. George, New Brunswick that produce a combined 1 Million tonnes of Product and employ over 1000 employees.
- Minimum education required: Engineering, Technology or Technician Degree or Diploma, or Red Seal Tradesperson
- Ideally 3-5 years of supervisory, planning, or technical experience in maintenance or reliability in heavy industry, but exceptional new graduates are welcome to apply
- Maintenance Management Professional (MMP) or Blue Seal would be considered an asset
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written
- Must demonstrate ownership, initiative, attention-to-detail
- Problem-solving skills and ability to lead and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- CMMS experience, ideally with JD Edwards/Oracle
- Microsoft Office suite familiarity
- More than $400 million recently invested into improving and growing the Pulp & Paper Division, with significant future capital investment planned at four of our Pulp and Paper Mills
- Career growth opportunities in Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Leadership, and many other disciplines
- Significant investment in training including partnerships with some of the best Educational Institutions in the country
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador) and the United States. Our dedicated team of 18,000 employees work in a diverse set of business sectors including Forestry & Forest Products, Agriculture, Construction & Equipmennt, Consumer Products, Food, Retail, Shipbuilding, Transportation & Logistics, among others.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Forest Services Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.