POSITION TITLE: IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: IT Manager
WORK SCHEDULE: Regular, Full-Time
ABOUT ALLSEATING: For more than 30 years, Allseating has been a leader in the design and development of solutions that adjust to the needs of customers in the office, educational, and healthcare industries. Our 100,000 square foot facility in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada is home to our broad line of seating solutions. Whether it’s through innovative designs or comprehensive service programs, we’re always working at making people feel comfortable. Allseating is a company that’s growing and is currently recruiting an IT Specialist to complement our IT team.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Support Specialist is responsible for installing and maintaining computer hardware, software and networks. The IT Support Specialist takes a proactive approach in assisting the IT team with daily issues as they arise, and provides level one IT support for all business units and will be measured against published service level agreements.
POSITION OBJECTIVES: The objectives of the IT Support Specialist are as follows:
- Provide hardware and software support for desktop PC, printers, scanners, handheld devices;
- Install/move work stations;
- Connect and set up technology hardware;
- Load and configure required software;
- Troubleshoot problems related to LAN;
- Help users with the day to day issues related to custom production application;
- Responsible to provide support to all the mobile users and troubleshooting any issues related to applications;
- Development of a new computer standard for the office and plant;
- Replacement of the computers determined to be end of life;
- Refresh of the remaining computers to standard them across the company;
- Creation of a software and hardware asset management system;
- Other duties as may be assigned or required.
REQUIRED SKILLSET: In order to thrive in our fast-paced, highly flexible work environment, the candidate must possess the following:
- Must have good customer service skills;
- Must demonstrate a high level of competency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.);
- Must be capable of delivering results through problem solving and conflict resolution;
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail, time management, prioritization, and follow-up skills;
- Ability to work on multiple, complex tasks with little or no direct supervision;
- Must have strong professional business communication skills both verbal and written;
- Degree or Diploma in Information Technology/Technical Support;
- Certification in CompTIA A+, Cisco CCNA, and Microsoft MCP are desirable assets;
- Must have experience with Windows XP and Window 7 and LAN;
- Must have experience with PC applications and software installation and configuration; and
- Familiarity working with ERP/MRP systems is preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: To support our entrepreneurial approach, our home office is a mix of open office and a 100,000 square foot manufacturing facility, which we will be expanding by 50,000 square feet in the months.
COMPENSATION: Competitive base salary + Profit Sharing + Comprehensive Benefits
If you are a team player and looking for a position to demonstrate your drive, enthusiasm and initiative, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting “IT Support Specialist” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Allseating; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls or agencies.
Job Type: Full-time
- IT Support: 1 year (Preferred)
- ERP/MRP systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- CompTIA A+ (Preferred)
- Cisco CCNA (Preferred)
- Microsoft MCP (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)