Come join our team! We are looking for PERMANENT FULL-TIME Employees who are dedicated, hardworking team players with a positive attitude and flexible to work overtime and on-call.
For the past 40 years, Victor Bernard & Sons (VBS) and its sister company DBM have provided unparalleled expertise through a wide range of construction services throughout New Brunswick and Atlantic Canada.
Versatile, flexible and lead by a dynamic and multidisciplinary team, VBS is a plumbing company, offering complete plumbing, heating, septic and environmental services to the residential, commercial and industrial markets in Northern NB.
If you are ready to join our dynamic team and willing to deliver exceptional service to the region, this position is for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and drive a variety of units that could include tandems, semi-tankers, tractor-trailers; qualified Class 1 licenses to match unit.
- Operate multiple types of equipment, such as Combo/Vac trucks, Boom truck, excavators, bulldozers, loaders, etc.
- Ensure that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes.
- Perform other duties as required to maintain and enhance departmental productivity.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum Class 1 valid driver’s license with experience and a clean 3-year driver’s abstract.
- 3+ years’ experience operating heavy equipment.
- Physically able to perform job duties in demanding work environments, within proper safety parameters.
- Be on call-out team (rotation) to handle emergencies after hours and on weekends.
- May be called to travel in and outside of province and country when needed.
- Interpersonal, communication, and customer service/client satisfaction skills.
Benefits of DBM Team:
- Merit Canada Hour Bank Healthcare Plan – Extended Health and Dental
- Registered Savings Plan with employer contribution.
- Work Clothing Allowance.
- Opportunity to grow professionally through continued training
At VBS, we firmly believe in fostering our local talent and helping today’s youth become tomorrow’s skilled workforce.
Salary starting at $19.00/hr based on experience. 40-50 hours per week.
Application Deadline: 2020-11-28
Expected Start Date: 2021-08-09
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $19.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- On call