A new path awaits you at Friday Harbour Resort. Our team is made up of exceptional associates who are passionate about providing luxury service.
Friday Harbour is committed to providing associates a workplace that anticipates needs, recognizes talents and encourages and nurtures skills which allow associates to excel as a part of our Friday Harbour Family.
Friday Harbour is an all seasons resort that provides full time, part time and seasonal career opportunities paired with a competitive compensation package including benefits and pension. Apply today to become a part of our team!
Are you a passionate person? Do you embody integrity? Is creating excellence important to you? Do you exemplify respect? These are the types of people we are looking for to join our team and help us to establish Friday Harbour as an exceptional all seasons waterside resort, providing unparalleled service and amenities.
Friday Harbour Resort is a resort living community located in Innisfil, Ontario. We offer our homeowners, members and guests amenities including: waterside dining, nature preserve, marina, shopping, recreation and leisure programming, special events, golf and more. We are continuously expanding our operations and are looking for exceptional associates to join our Friday Harbour Family.
As a member of the Friday Harbour Family, you will join our mission to infuse nature, luxury and brilliance into every moment.
A Barista greets customers, takes orders and creates quality Starbucks beverages. A Starbucks Barista also maintains and cleans the store.
- Greet customers as they arrive at the Starbucks outlet and inquire into their orders
- Provide quality beverages, whole bean and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards
- Maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard
- Educate customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu and answering questions
- Sell coffee and coffee grinding/brewing equipment by explaining differences in coffee beans and coffee preparation machines and demonstrating how brewing equipment operates
- Maintain inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply, stocking coffee brewing equipment, maintaining supplies, pastries and cookies for coffee bar
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns
- Ensure that any complaints are resolved in a positive manner, keeping customers happy ensuring recurring business
- Ensure that Starbucks merchandising and signing standards are followed
- Handle payment transactions in an efficient manner
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Working towards a diploma or degree in tourism or hospitality considered an asset
- Previous experience in a retail or coffee shop environment an asset
- Cash handing experience required, including the use of a point of sales system
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Must be computer literate. Preferred candidate will have previous experience with point of sale software, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be extremely responsible with integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Required to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting and pulling
What will it be like to work for Friday Harbour Resort?
We are successful because our team is made up of exceptional employees who are passionate about providing luxury service. We are committed to providing associates a workplace that anticipates needs, recognizes talents, encourages and nurtures skills and provides career paths allowing associates to continue to excel as a part of our Friday Harbour Family. Start Your New Path with Us.
- All candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Friday Harbour is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Friday Harbour is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Friday Harbour is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please contact the Human Resources department with any accommodation requests.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected will be contacted.
Friday Harbour is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Friday Harbour is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.