The Assistant Store Manager will assist in the day-to-day operational functions of the Immersive Van Gogh Retail Store, including management of personnel, management of any third-party suppliers, opening and closing the store, and maximizing sales while enabling seamless operations and safety and staff patrons. The Assistant Store Manager will assist in creating an exceptional guest experience by providing superior customer service.
*DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in driving customer service excellence to every aspect of the store, including store appearance, display of merchandise, product placement, store layout, and selling procedures.
- Assist in setting the standard for a superior customer service experience for all guests.
- Assist in ensuring strategic goals and sales targets of the store are met by maximizing sales and gross profit, reviewing sales performance, controlling expenses, and managing inventory.
- Assist in resolving and dealing with customer issues in a positive and professional manner.
- Assist in ensuring the store complies with outlined safety policies and procedures, as well as all local health guidelines and regulations.
- Assist in training, developing, and supervising staff.
- Assist in providing staff with feedback, and coaching.
- Assist in the performance of administrative tasks to support all store operations, including the timely submission of all personnel paperwork, preparing and submitting reports, and monitoring sales.
- Assist with assessing and monitoring stock and inventory and advise when stock needs to be replenished.
- Other duties as assigned.
*JOB SPECIFICATIONS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
- Minimum 2 years retail/customer service experience.
- Minimum 2 years management/supervisory experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to work daytime, afternoon and evening shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to set priorities and organize workload to ensure continuing productivity.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handles multiple priorities with strong organizational skills.
- Team oriented, enthusiastic, creative, well-groomed, reliable, and punctual.
- Familiarity with Lightspeed POS an asset.
Please note that duties will be added, deleted or assigned as required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 per year
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Retail Management: 2 years (preferred)