Greater Vancouver Community Services Society (GVCSS) is a non-profit society delivering care and services in the community to support the independence and well-being of the elderly, people with disabilities, and others who require support to retain or regain health and autonomy.
We are looking for qualified health care assistants/ care aides to fulfill casual opportunities in our Home Support program in the Vancouver area.
During this time of the COVID-19 pandemic, we remain committed to the health and safety of our employees. We are diligently following all directions from the Ministry of Health and Vancouver Coastal Health Authority, and we are providing all necessary PPE supplies. We care about our health care workers and we are here to support you.
Who Are We and What Do We Offer?
· Greater Vancouver Community Services Society is one of BC's oldest and largest accredited community care service providers
· GVCSS cares for 4,000 people each year
· A unionized work environment and compensation
· Continuous hands on training and skills upgrading
· Up-to-date mobile communication technology
· Flexible scheduling: we can work around childcare commitments
· Independence while working in the community with 24/7 connection to admin support.
· All Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) supplied
Scope of Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
· Traveling to clients' homes as required to provide personal care and perform nursing tasks according to the clients care plans
· Planning menus with client and/or family
· Provide companionship to clients
· Following agency safe work policies, procedures and reports hazards in the workplace
· Please include your BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registry Number in your resume
· Committed to a consistent availability
· Able to understand and communicate in English verbally and in writing. Bonus: if you speak Cantonese.
· Able to work in the VANCOUVER area
We are looking for casual workers for ALL AVAILABILITY. Our peak times include 7am-12pm, and 5pm-11pm. We can work around childcare commitments.
New graduates welcome!
Job Type: Casual
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $22.38 per hour
- BC Registry Number (Required)