Requisition ID: 867
Why Choose IMP Aerospace & Defence:
IMP Aerospace & Defence is not only one of the leading companies in the Aerospace field, but we are also one of the most engaging and equality advocating companies to work for. We believe that regardless of where you work at IMP Aerospace & Defence, you are a part of our ever-growing team. IMP is able to achieve success through this teamwork mindset. That is why at IMP, you are not defined by your role.
Responsible to the Aero/Mech Engineer Supervisor, Aircraft Engineering, for the conduct of engineering support and life-cycle management of airframe structures and/or mechanical systems. The Jr./Int. Engineer will support Engineers and/or Life Cycle Specialists in repair design, monitoring of aircraft system performance and maintenance requirements, and the recommendation of improvements as necessary to optimize life-cycle costs.
The Jr./Int. Aero/Mech Engineer will report to the IMP Group Ltd. – Aerospace and Defence location near the Halifax International Airport.
- Liaise with the customer, IMP senior management and the various company departments as required to ensure airworthiness, cost effectiveness and compliance with contractual requirements.
- Analyze design deficiencies and make recommendations for rectifications.
- Represent the company at technical meetings with the customers, the aircraft manufacturer or other agencies as required.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals for work to be carried out in the section.
- Review reports for accuracy, grammar and technical accuracy.
- Prepare and review Statements of Work as required.
- Provide technical advice as requested and required.
- Where assigned overall responsibility for particular projects, shall exercise control over scheduling, progress, material and costing directly controlled by Engineering.
- Prepare engineering reports, ground test plans and studies.
- Complete technical investigations, services and engineering support activities as required.
- Complete aeronautical/mechanical engineering design for refit/modification/repair/rework/prototype installations.
- Complete stress/structural analyses and prepare weight and balance reports.
- Participate as a team member on major projects which may be based in other sections/departments within the Engineering branch.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B. Eng or B. Sc. (Eng) or Technologists Diploma in Aeronautical/Mechanical Engineering/Civil Engineering.
- 0 to 8 years’ experience in an engineering environment preferably dealing with aircraft structures and mechanical systems.
- Recent (within 2 years) applicable relevant experience is desirable.
- Eligibility for registration in ENS is desired.
- Good knowledge of aircraft structures and mechanical systems and their relevant analytical methods and tools is desirable.
- Good writing and communication skills are required.
- Good leadership and guidance skills are desired.
- Good project management skills are desired.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Secret Level II Security Clearance through PSPC- Contract Security Program, and Transport Canada RAIC clearance.
- All of IMP's benefits become effective on your first day of work, regardless of your position.
- We offer a comprehensive Benefits Package, including RSP Program, Holiday Incentive program (3 additional days off over Christmas), Tuition Reimbursement Program, Long Service Awards, Volunteer Grant Program, Scholarship Program, and more!
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.