Glen Armstrong Construction Ltd. (GACL) specializes in deep servicing and heavy civil construction throughout Northern Alberta. We pride ourselves in providing quality work and cost effective solutions to our varied and diverse client base.
Location of project is in the Smoky Lake, Alberta area. Candidate must be either a local to the area or be willing travel to work in the area on shift.
Reporting to the project foreman, the pipelayer will be responsible for a variety of duties related to laying pipe for storm or sanitary sewers, drains and watermains.
- Locate existing pipes needing repair or replacement.
- Grade and level trench bases.
- Install and/or repair sanitary and stormwater sewer pipe
- Connect pipe pieces and seal joints.
- Tap and drill holes into pipes to introduce auxiliary lines.
- Installation of underground pipes including Water,Sanitary,Storm and electrical
- installation of CB's, Manholes, Hydrants
- cut and bevel pipe
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as in a group, self-driven
- Follow the approved plan to design and construct project
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Physically able to perform tasks in various environments and conditions including heavy lifting in excess of 50 lbs
- Pipelaying experience is considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license and clean abstract
- Current Standard First Aid, Confined Space, Ground Disturbance, H2S and WHMIS training certificates will be considered an asset
- This position is identified as safety sensitive
- Overtime, out of town and extended working hours will be required
- Work conducted outdoors in diverse weather and ground conditions
- Seasonal Position
We provide competitive wages and benefits package, and a positive team environment.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Applicants must submit a resume in order to be considered and include proof of qualifications. GACL provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons. We thank every applicant for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time