Position: Digital Marketing Strategist
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Ottawa, ON
Division: Postmedia Integrated Advertising
Postmedia is a Canadian newsmedia company representing more than 125 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it.
This exceptional content, reach and scope offers advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team.
We are looking for talented and exceptionally strategic marketing experts to join our team.
Are you passionate about digital marketing tactics? Postmedia is seeking a Digital Marketing Strategist to work in partnership with our Ottawa sales and strategy teams to develop and execute awesome campaigns that exceed expectations. This role is ideal for anyone who enjoys being creative and working with the latest and greatest digital marketing tools and tactics.
What you’ll do:
You “get” digital marketing and take it upon yourself to stay current on industry trends. You are an excellent communicator who can create strategic plans and analyze data trends. You have excellent account management skills and can deliver strategic, performance-driven solutions leveraging a wide range of paid and organic marketing strategies.
- Partner with local businesses to develop, present and implement multi-channel marketing strategies
- Collaborate with both internal and client teams to set goals and ensure your strategy becomes a reality – time to execute your vision!
- Support your team by producing ad copy, testing plans and other special projects as required
- Proactively manage your client accounts and anticipate issues in developing solution-focused recommendations
- Monitor and optimize digital campaigns to ensure objectives and KPI's are being met – maximizing both campaign delivery and return on investment for clients
- Convey the value of campaigns to clients by preparing campaign reports. Brag much?
- Attend client meetings with Media Sales Consultants as required
- Keep up-to-date with all industry trends and be a thought leader who pioneers digital growth at Postmedia
Who you are:
- Minimum 2 years’ worth of digital marketing experience.
- High level knowledge of the digital landscape, integrated advertising trends and best practices.
- Experience with Google Ads, Google Analytics & social media advertising – certifications from Google and/or Facebook are an asset
- You enjoy initiating, directing and managing accounts for local SMB clients
- Analytical and strategic, you can interpret results and trends, conveying ROI and growth opportunities to clients
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, balancing several clients’ needs simultaneously
- Team-player who can champion campaigns while collaborating with sales, booking, production and fulfillment
- Excellent PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Sales experience is an asset
Should you be interested in this opportunity please include a cover letter and resume in one document.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2021
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Application deadline: 2021-01-15
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent