PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Completes all assigned prep work and / or sets up the line / cooks station as prescribed by Managers. Completes all line checks and other checklists as assigned by Management. Maintains a sanitary and clean work space. Prepares all menu and food preparation items according to Lakehouse recipes, plate presentations and specifications achieving rigid quality standards and cook / prep times.
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS AND DUITES:
- Prepares menu items according to Lakehouse recipes, plate presentations and specifications.
- Practices sanitary and safe food handling procedures at all times.
- Maintains a clean, organized and sanitary work area before, during and after a shift.
- Completes assigned daily and weekly cleaning projects.
- Any and all other operational task as assigned by Management.
- Must be at least 16 years of age upon date of hire.
- Ability to place plates, utensils, pans, pots and miscellaneous kitchen small-wares on both high and low shelving.
- Reading, writing, basic math and verbal communication skills required.
- Works in a hot, noisy and fast paced environment.
- Mobility required during the entire shift.
- Must have appropriate organizational skills and work well under pressure.
- Able to respond quickly in an emergency situation to avoid imminent danger to self and others.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS * Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to all fellow Team Members, Managers and Cooks.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate proper communication and fill in required forms and check lists.
- Must possess finger and hand dexterity for using small tools, kitchen equipment and sharp knives.
- Must demonstrate coordination and balance while moving quickly in a potentially dangerous environment.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods up to 8 (eight) hours in length.
- Subject to wet floors, extreme temperatures and loud noises.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift and carry dishes, cases of food, pots of water, food products and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds on a continuous and regular basis.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and move freely with out restriction through out the kitchen.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Wasagaming, MB (Preferred)