3D Artist I – (Entry Level/New Grad)
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person status or a valid open Work Permit.
Are you someone who enjoys solving problems, learning new technologies, and working with others in a collaborative environment? Are you looking for a position where you can play a significant role in the visual creation of the games we create? If this describes you, please get in touch with us to talk about the position of 3D Artist Iat Big Blue Bubble.
In this position, these are the things you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Art Director, Game Designers, Artists, Animators, and Producers to create exciting and market-ready products for both new and existing IP.
- Create 3d Models and Textures for a variety of objects in many different art styles.
- Various art tasks that could include 2d illustration.
- Maintain consistent style under the direction of the Art Director.
- Participate in art team discussions, critiques and game development ideas.
- Managing responsibilities across multiple projects.
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Animation or related field.
- 1+ years as an artist, preferably in games.
- Good knowledge in 3DS MAX and Photoshop.
- Good understanding of Art Theory.
- Good texturing skills.
- Some knowledge of the game development process.
- Good portfolio demonstrating 3D art skills and artistic creativity.
- Ability to learn and take direction.
Other preferable skills include:
- Experience with the Unity engine.
- Experience with the Unity particle FX system.
- Good understanding of animation principles and ability to animate simple rigs.
- Experience with rigging 3D character models for animation.
- Good traditional art background (2d illustration).
- High-poly Sculpting with Mudbox.
You also have the following attributes and skills:
- A clear communicator.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Imaginative and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a team.
- Enthusiastic about gaming culture.
We know the above list is detailed. We don’t expect you to meet all of our criteria but we are looking for proven experience with an appetite and passion for growth. If you think you fit the role then please get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the HR Director.
Job Type: Full-time