At WCB-Alberta, we make a meaningful impact on the lives of working Albertans. We are a not-for-profit organization legislated to administer the workers' compensation system for the province. When any Alberta worker is hurt on the job, we are here to help. We provide compensation and benefits for workplace injuries and occupational diseases to over 1.7 million workers. Every day, we work hard to make a positive difference on the lives of our customers. At WCB-Alberta, you too can make a difference.
We are currently looking for an individual who is key to the team and has the responsibility for creating software certification to WCB environment standards. You will ensure the deployment of patches meet the requirements of the Server and Desktop environments and that the certifications and patches meet or exceed IM Operation Service Level Agreements. This position will appeal to someone who has strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, and is able to manage multiple ongoing priorities.
- Lead project and desktop certifications and patching, support initiatives, and virtual work teams.
- Collaborate with Technical Architects, IM teams, Service Providers and the PMO to understand business needs and recommend solutions that meet those needs.
- Monitor and evaluate key technologies and best practices to design integrated, flexible, and reliable IT solutions.
- Encourage and lead technology simplification, consolidation of services, and consistency across all of IM.
- Using Powershell Studio: Create, edit and manage code snippets. Script with cmdlets - Convert scripts into executable (.exe) files.
- Working with Azure DevOps Server: Working knowledge of Azure DevOps Server (previously called Team Foundation Server TFS ) to Check out and Check in software installation code
- Working with Flexera AdminStudio: Create msi install packages and edit existing msi packages
- Ivanti EndPoint Manager Console: Create and manage software distribution packages,
Download / Manage Patch and Compliance definitions
- Apply Autofix to Identified vulnerabilities
- Enable defined scope and Global scanning of vulnerability definitions: Create Software Queries for software definitions
- Windows Server Update Services (WSUS): Manage and distribute Windows updates through a management console
A Graduate from a recognized university or institute of technology in a computer related discipline, combined with several years’ expertise in Powershell Studio, Azure DevOps Server (Team Foundation Server TFS, Flexera AdminStudio. Experience with Ivanti EndPoint Manager Console and Microsoft WSUS would also be beneficial. Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and self-improvement along with a strong ability to resolve issues and solid decision-making skills are required. Superior technical skills and excellent client service skills are a must
Salary:Salary Range 11:
$73,500 to Job Rate: $86,436 per annum
You will be required to provide customer service during extended hours of operation, including being on-call. You may be contacted outside of regular business hours for response to emergency situations.
To be considered for this position, please apply online quoting competition #J1020-1156 by submitting a resume to www.wcb.ab.ca/careers. External candidates will also be considered.