Server - Food & Beverage - $11.00/hr plus tips to start Full-Time
Halifax Stanfield International Airport
HMSHost located in the Halifax Stanfield International Airport is currently recruiting a food and beverage server for our Alexander Keith's Alehouse opening soon. Morning shifts, 6am to 3pm, rotating schedule with every 2nd weekend off.
A CAREER WITH HMSHOST, YOU REALLY BENEFIT!
- Competitive compensation $11.00/hr plus gratuities to start.
- Schedule - AM shift, 6AM to 3pm, every 2nd weekend off
- employee meal plans, uniforms and free parking / bus pass provided
When travelers make their way through over 100 airports, motorways, malls and specialty destinations across the U.S. and Canada, HMSHost Associates are waiting with a warm welcome. A subsidiary of Autogrill S.p.A, the world's largest provider of food and beverage to the traveling public, HMSHost offers a world of opportunities that help our Associates develop rewarding and satisfying careers. Are you ready to join a world leader? Come discover who we are, what we're doing and where we're going. Then come along with us.
The Server is responsible for taking food and beverage orders; entering orders quickly and in proper sequence; serving food and beverages for guests in their section as well as other sections; coordinating with the kitchen to ensure timely service and quality of the food; and providing the highest quality of service to the customer at all times; performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to the Supervisor, Assistant Manager or Store Manager depending upon local requirements.
- Takes food and beverage orders, places orders, delivers orders, checks back after delivery of food to ensure guest satisfaction, observes guests to respond to any additional needs
- Maintains table appearance by pre-bussing, checks drink levels, removes clutter and provides adequate napkins, etc
- Presents check for payment and provides change as needed
- Follows the company's customer service, adult beverage and cash handling policies and procedures
- Keeps station clean, sets up and takes down station tables appropriately
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- Must meet minimum age for serving alcoholic beverages
- Requires at least 2 years of closely related serving experience, work experience in high volume or fast casual dining restaurant environment preferred
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs
- Requires the ability to walk, bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 /hour