The Bus Driver is responsible for safely transporting Residents, team member and volunteers on scheduled trips.
- Operate the Delmanor bus in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Transport Residents, or guests to scheduled destinations.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks.
- Perform minor maintenance duties to ensure smooth running of the bus.
- Clean the bus as scheduled and/or required.
- Ensure that the bus is safely and securely parked and stored.
- Advise General Manager of any requirements for maintenance or repairs.
- Deal with Residents and team member in a positive, courteous and respectful manner.
- Assist with the safe loading and unloading of Residents to the vehicle.
- Knowledge and understanding of accident/incident reporting procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned to support the on-site Environmental Services Manager.
- Experience driving and operating a Class 4 vehicle
- Has a minimum of two (2) years current experience driving a Class 4 vehicle
- Experience working with older adults an asset. Enjoys working for an older clientele.
- Demonstrates that he/she is self-directed, accountable, an effective problem-solver and team player.
- Must be insurable for driving at regular rates (good driving record for the past 3 years)
- First Aid certificate.
- Criminal Records Check will be required.
- Drivers abstract will be required
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday