Join out Global Technology Operations Business Unit! We are hiring multiple opportunities across Canada!
These are exciting times for CGI and we are looking for talented individuals to trail blaze with us. If you have a pioneering spirit and thrive on innovative projects where you can influence the direction of technical strategy, now is the time to join the Technical Projects and Consultant group. We need to increase our capacity to satisfy growing client demand and are looking for top talent.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Determine client requirements and transform them into System specification.
- Business process mapping for as-is and to-be processes.
- Identifying opportunities for improving business processes.
- Communicating with stakeholders of varying technical ability and subject matter expertise.
- Specifying changes to existing business processes and/or creating new business processes to meet specific customer requirements.
- Work with project team and business stakeholder to translate between business and technical requirements.
- Facilitate process workshops to gather business and functional requirements.
- Support business cases and project proposals development.
- Follow up with action items from meetings or risk/issue registers.
- Creating, executing and reviewing Test Plans and Test Scenarios.
- Validating Test Results and analyzing defects.
- Prepare and conduct reviews and training sessions.
- Ability to analyze, research, organize and prioritize tasks and meet multiple deadlines.
- Coach new or less experienced colleagues and serve as a reference point throughout requirements.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Minimum 5+ plus years’ experience as a Business Analyst within the IT industry.
- Education: College or University Degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Ability to clearly communicate with business and technical stakeholders.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Experience with Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Experience in Agile methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to support multiple projects concurrently, balancing deliverables and ability to prioritize deliverables across projects.
- Strong ability to manage client relationships.
- Excellent problem solving skills, creativity, and insight with the ability to resolve crisis situations with clients.
- Strong interpersonal, and business presentation skills.
- Comfortable in front of a technical or managerial audience.
Nice to Have:
- Remedy ITSM experience.
- Service Now Experience.
- Experience in Wealth Management, Securities, Investment, Equity, Banking, Government.
- Product Owner or Scrum Master experience.
- Bilingualism in English and French.
- Eligibility to obtain government clearance (Enhanced Reliability to Secret Level)
Job Type: Full-time