TORONTO GRACE HEALTH CENTRE: JOIN OUR TEAM!
The Toronto Grace Health Centre (TGHC) provides medically complex, specialized care and services to those individuals who require Complex Continuing Care, Post-Acute Care Rehabilitation, Palliative Care, and Transitional Care. The services provided at TGHC help facilitate patient flow through the health care system to those individuals who may return to their communities. As of January 2020, TGHC operates in two sites – the Main site (at Church and Bloor Sts) for 119 CCC, Palliative inpatients, the Harbour Light site at Jarvis Street, which houses 28 outpatient beds for patients awaiting full transition into the community, and the Specialized Care Centre at the Toronto Congress Centre which is currently planned to house 90 outpatient beds by March 2021.
Registered Respiratory Therapist
Reporting to Patient Care Manager, the Registered Respiratory Therapist in this position is to promote a patient and family centered care approach. You will do this by collaborating with an interdisciplinary team of care providers in a supportive and culturally sensitive manner. You have clinical expertise, competence, and technical skills as related to the position. You are also flexible to changing priorities and committed to continuous learning and professional development. You have great interpersonal skills, and you effortlessly connect with physicians, staff, patients, and families. You will take a leadership in advocating and providing exceptional health care to patients and families. This position supports the Hospital’s mandate by advancing care through teaching. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for staff, physicians, volunteers, learners, patients and families.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide comprehensive respiratory assessment and management plan for patients’ respiratory condition
- Provide ventilator management
- Provide tracheostomy tube management
- Provide oxygen therapy assessment and management
- Develop and provide client and family teaching plans as appropriate to the individual patient
- Provide supervision and education
- Provide clinical leadership in Code Blue
- Maintains confidentiality and builds a respectful working environment
· Demonstrate the ability to lift and position patients and related equipment
· Other duties as required
· Bachelor’s degree/diploma in health science or related field preferred
· Graduate of a recognized Respiratory Therapy program
· Registration with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario
· Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification, required
· Experience in adult intubation
· Membership with C.S.R.T. and R.T.S.O. preferred
· satisfactory attendance record
Qualified candidates may apply to:
To apply for this exciting career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to our Career Website by referencing job: Registered Respiratory Therapist Part Time. Please visit our website to learn more about the rewards of building a career at the Toronto Grace Health Centre: www.torontograce.org We are a “Great Place to Work”. Toronto Grace Health Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process please notify the Human Resources Department.
Thank you for your interest in The Toronto Grace Health Centre. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Our Core values: Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Integrity, Committed, Cooperation and Celebration
Job Type: Part-time
- Company pension
- On-site gym
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Respiratory Therapist: 1 year (preferred)
- ventilator: 1 year (required)
- adult intubation: 1 year (required)
- BLS Certification (required)