This Member Enrichment Advocate part-time position will provide excellent customer service through assistance to members and undertake a variety of day-to-day office and clerical tasks. You will be an integral part in ensuring that the office operations run smoothly and are successful in supporting other business activities. This position reports directly to V.P. of Member Relations, Marketing & Events.
An excellent Member Enrichment Advocate is, above all, an organized and competent professional with phenomenal communication skills. You will be comfortable dealing with people and able to carry out administrative duties with accuracy and speed.
- Provide member services assistance including database management
- Develop excellent knowledge of Chamber member benefits in order to understand and address member’s needs (Affinity Programs, Services, Advocacy)
- Follow our Membership retention plan, including making calls, informing members on issues that are of concern to them and outreach
- Member engagement through affinity programs and events
- Prepare retention and other reports pertaining to Membership and Membership engagement.
- Report regularly and work directly with V.P. of Member Relations, Marketing & Events
- Answers the phone and responds to customers' inquiries promptly with a positive, courteous, helpful attitude
- Practices consistent and timely follow through on all customer related issues
- Maintains confidentiality of all program information.
- Retrieve messages from general mailbox and forward to appropriate staff
- Manage room rental scheduling
- Process Certificates of Origin
- Process cheques, bank deposits and weekly invoicing
- Processing New Members Applications
- Greet and assist visitors when they arrive at the office
- Tracking inventory ie. office supplies
- Assisting with special projects
- Completing all other tasks as requested
- Must be Organized, detail oriented, neat and able to meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook and ability to acquire new skills in order to use Chamber’s customized database.
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to create a positive impression of the Chamber while responding to members either by telephone or in person
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent telephone skills with a thorough knowledge of telephone etiquette
Preference will be giving to those who have experience in customer service.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $19,000.00 to $21,000.00 /year
- Microsoft Office Suite: 3 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Required)