Zenabis is a market leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Zenabis serves medical patients in Canada with a diverse range of high-quality medical cannabis products and will soon expand their offering to include distinctive products for the adult Canadian recreational consumer.
Our 400,000 square foot cultivation and production facility in Atholville, NB cultivates and processes dried cannabis into finished goods.
The Director, Facility will have fiscal responsibility for staffing, cultivation, processing, production and distribution within the plant. Reporting directly to the SVP of Operations, you will provide operational leadership and strategic direction for developing, deploying, and monitoring key strategies, processes, and systems to support Zenabis’ rapid growth and expansion.
We are a fast-moving business, and you will have the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and help the company build a truly next-level operation that is both highly productive, and a great place to work. The ideal candidate is well-immersed in the inner operations of a fast pace and highly regulated business.
You are obsessed with data-driven decision making and are experienced in leading and coaching teams of high performers to drive operational excellence while building capability and capacity for the organization. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity, are forward-thinking, work collaboratively with an enterprise-wide cross-functional view of success, and have deep experience in leadership and development. You are not a micro-manager, instead enabling success through the empowerment, and coaching and development of your team and their sub-teams, setting clear goals and objectives with defined boundaries within which teams can operate and collaborate.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for the overall facility production targets, cost targets, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
· The ongoing measurement and effectiveness of all processes in all departments
· The development and implementation of sophisticated and proven operating processes / management operating system throughout the entire facility to provide repeatable and dependable structures that can be executed to manage and give visibility into the operation
· Providing the necessary leadership and direction to support the ongoing Operating risk management cycle including assessing performance against expectation on key operating KPIs and OKRs, communicating Regulatory and or Quality matters
· Reviewing risk assessments and testing results, identifying control gaps, communicating any gaps to management and key personnel within the line of business, and ensuring management remediation and risk mitigation plans have been implemented and progressing in a timely manner
· Work proactively with the Division QAPs and management toward ensuring effective and efficient Operating risk management solutions are identified and implemented
· Proactively collaborates with the Executive Team and Department Heads to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the organization
· Identifies critical talent requirements and works with key stakeholders to attract, recruit and retain the required talent and capabilities not currently in place to solidify the organizational structure necessary to support future growth
· Prioritizes the recruitment and retention of “A” players and teams; continuously training, coaching and mentoring managers and team members to increase productivity, and their personal career development
· Motivate, encourage, and coach in the professional development of staff, with a focus on cascading leadership and development
· Implements the necessary controls and processes to develop and promote subject matter expertise and professional knowledge transfer throughout the organization
· Drives the development and implementation of financial controls and procedures necessary to ensure proper management of resources, expenses, accurate budgets, cost of goods calculations and overall performance against stated plans
· Leads and supports the development and implementation of performance metrics to drive positive changes for all areas of the facility
· The development and implementation of operating objectives, goals and KPI’s for each manager and operating department
· Maintains the overall responsibility and accountability for building, promoting, and sustaining Quality and Operating Management Systems as required by corporate standards and regulatory bodies
· Ensure the facility complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and, where appropriate, best practices
· Maintains the overall responsibility and accountability for reporting to the company’s Executive Management Team on at least a quarterly basis in accordance with organizational requirements and updating the organization on Operating requirements and performance
· Proactively assesses the impact of regulatory developments which could impact the collective operation and support the development of new control mechanisms
· As a senior leader, work collaboratively with other stakeholders to define and implement strategic initiatives in support of growth objectives; leads collaborative efforts across internal facility partners to solve complex cross-functional issues
· Establish strategic direction and set goals for manufacturing and operations to build capacity and capability within the facility for current and new product offerings
- Identify, prioritize, structure, and solve an array of other complex business problems through the use of analytics and business judgments
· A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business discipline preferred
· 10+ years of progressive experience in operations and production management, with experience in the perishable food, agri-business, pharmaceutical or beverage industry required. Cannabis product production and processing experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- An established track record of providing service growth and process transformation
- Demonstrated experience successfully creating executive alignment, high degree of political savvy
- Strategic thinking with effective project management, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to develop working relationship with the business leaders within the company
- Expert knowledge of Operating regulations and the regulatory environment in the context of Operating and risk management framework.
· Applied knowledge of Good Production Practices & Good Manufacturing Practices, and Quality Management Systems
· Experience in procurement, commissioning and qualification of manufacturing equipment and plant service equipment.
· Knowledge of and experience in LEAN Manufacturing and Key Process Indicators (KPI’s), preference being given to experience in agribusiness
· Strong knowledge and understanding of Provincial and Federal Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make decisions or recommendations based on incomplete or conflicting information
- Effective team building and leadership and development skills
- High degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality and trust around sensitive Operating issues
- Demonstrated confidence in challenging mind-set, influencing business managers while developing/implementing innovative strategies and approaches to support the corporate goals.
- Demonstrated ability to implement innovative tactics and encourage others to demonstrate creative approaches
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate complex information clearly and persuasively to create engagement and support across multiple levels within the organization.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public at the appropriate level of sensitivity of information
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Security Clearance is required for this position
Salaried Position: Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm
This position will require after hours or extended hours based on activity
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $90,000.00-$130,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Stock options
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Facilities Management: 10 years (Required)
- GMP: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)