We are not your ordinary recycling company. At Blue Mountain Plastics - we are innovators. We are environmental stewards. We are a passionate team proudly creating a better future.
Blue Mountain Plastics is a state-of-the-art plastics recycling facility that uses multi-layer optical sorting technology. Here we buy mixed plastic bales and other forms of unrefined plastic from municipal recycling programs and businesses. We process them, sorting the materials into different types and colours of plastic. Pellets are produced from the food grade plastic, which can then be used to make new food containers, including our 100% recycled blue, and green bottles. If you have a passion for protecting the planet and want to work for a company that is committed to protecting our water resources and to building relationships with partners to effect change, then this is the place for you!
Do you have a positive attitude and are willing to be trained to work in the recycling industry? Are you currently a Production Operator looking to work for a company that values teamwork and dedication? Come join our high-speed manufacturing facility in Shelburne, Ontario and leverage your skills.
Production Operators can expect:
- Excellent Wages
- Line Efficiency Bonuses
- Employee Referral Program
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Life Insurance
- On the Job Training
- Safety Shoe Allowance
- Clean and Safe Work Environment
- Continuous Skills Development
- Opportunities for Advancement
Production Operator Duties:
- Use provided training knowledge to sort various grades of plastics on the line.
- With training can identify potential contaminants in the recycling process.
- Remove items from the production line that are not food grade PET plastics.
- Report line issues to Team Lead or Shift Supervisor.
- Perform weekly preventative maintenance including cleaning the line.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
Production Operator Should:
- Be able to work independently and within a small team environment.
- Have previous experience in manufacturing.
- Display knowledge of lock out tag out processes.
- Be able to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain high levels of attendance.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be eager, upbeat, and have a positive attitude.
- Have the ability to stand for long periods, able to crouch, bend and kneel, as well as capable of moderate to heavy lifting and carrying.
- Demonstrate spirit of teamwork and collaboration with the flexibility to adapt to various tasks.
Production Operators must be able to work 12-hour continental rotating shifts, however our current schedule is 8 hours per day 5 days per week (days/afternoons/nights) rotating every two weeks.
Please ensure you provide your resume with direct contact information including phone number and email address.
Please let Blue Mountain Plastics know if you require accommodation during the hiring and selection process and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.
Blue Mountain Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)