Welcome to the unexpected delight of plant-based exploration! We're the creators of a revolutionary cheese alternative that tastes, shreds, melts and stretches like traditional cheese. Today, as plant-based food grows in popularity, that spirit of innovation continues to inspire our team.
We believe in pioneering plant-based breakthroughs that delight people and planet. Our portfolio of great tasting foods provide an opportunity for everyone to gather around the table, whether you have food allergies, are flexitarian, vegan, vegetarian, or just plant-based curious!
We're one big family of food-loving Daiyans, and we're always on the lookout for people who share our passion, our vision, and our ability to make each other smile.
The primary responsibility of the Senior QA Technologist is to ensure that Daiya's food safety and quality standards are enforced and maintained at all stages of the baking manufacturing processes and supports the continuous operation of pizza production line. In addition, the senior technologist is expected to provide leadership assistance to the QA Plant Manager and QA Supervisors overseeing entire plant activities, assist, lead or coordinate projects, lead investigation and troubleshooting for continuous improvements within entire facility.
Shift Time: tentatively 6:30am-3pm
Salary: $27.25/per hour
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist and lead quality‐related investigation and troubleshooting, provide recommendations and follow up on corrective actions.
- Monitor, perform trend analyses and report Key Quality Indicators to the relevant teams.
- Mentor and provide guidance to new hires or junior QA team members.
- Assist or lead GMP and QA training.
- Assist QA Supervisors in scheduling and work assignments, with the necessary follow up.
- Foster food safety, quality culture based on clear, flawless, and constructive communications between Operations & Supply Chain, Planning, R&D and QA
- Provide QA assistance and be QA designate for all R&D projects and trials associated with bakery plant but also assist team in other trials in the rest of the plant.
- Be proactive in identifying and addressing gaps in QA process.
- Perform regular QA monitoring of quality of product and environment through microbial,
- chemistry, organoleptic analyses, and on‐site quality verifications.
- Perform SQF and HACCP‐related tasks as assigned. Provide follow up reports on HACCP or GMP non‐conformance in timely manner.
- Verify records, conduct internal audits, and follow up with other teams in case there is need for follow-ups.
- Perform customer complaint investigation and follow up related to bakery products to ensure corrective actions are implemented effectively.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and complaints reduction initiatives related to bakery products.
- Review and update bakery plant related SOPs and support review of other plant related documents as needed.
- Proactively ensure a clean, organize and safe working environment by fostering food safety culture with the ops teammates.
- Other QA duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from a recognized university or college in Food Science, Microbiology or
- related discipline: the equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- At least 3 years of QA/QC experience in Food Manufacturing facility; ability to perform.
- microbiological testing and evaluation
- Previous experience in training or leading a small team.
- Working knowledge of GMP, HACCP and Prerequisites Programs
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision‐making abilities.
- An approachable collaborator; with sound, professional communication, and people skills
- Proactive, independent, ability to multi‐task and prioritize in a fast pace, changing environment.
- Organized and attention to details.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
RELATED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Sound and professional communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organization skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced and changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Problem-solving skills and customer-based focus leading to a continuous improvement of goods and services.
- Competitive compensation
- Extended Health benefits fully paid by Daiya for your family
- 3 weeks' vacation
- Flex days
- RRSP matching your retirement contributions
- Annual personal health and wellness fund
- Fun and creative environment
- Inspiring and innovative work
- Smart and passionate teams
- Making people and the planet a healthier place
At Daiya Foods, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment, one in which employees can bring their whole selves to work everyday. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our vision.
Daiya Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibits discrimination of any kind. We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, religion, marital or family status, age and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person. We endeavor to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!