Job Title: Web Developer / Digital Marketer
Who are we?
At OW, we specialize in Digital Marketing, including SEO/SEM, AdWords PPC, Facebook Ads, Content Marketing, Copywriting, Social Media Marketing, Web Design & Development, eCommerce, and Sales & Lead Generation.
What we are looking for:
OW is looking for a great Web Developer with experience in Digital Marketing
* Please note: This is an in-house position. Our office is located in downtown Vancouver, BC.
We are looking for someone who is a team player, takes initiative, and helps our company and clients succeed. Be prepared to wear many hats and learn many skills.
If this is your passion, apply now!
- Create website wireframes for clients and OW.
- Complete website projects from start to finish based on client feedback and suggestions.
- Create advertising landing pages using WordPress and other landing page platforms.
- Install and customize WordPress templates.
- Perform keyword research in coordination with clients’ business objectives.
- Set up basic Google Search Console and Google Analytics.
- Conduct onsite technical SEO optimization (Image optimization, Content optimization, Meta data optimization).
- Put together SEO report using Google analytics & search console and other agency tools.
- Provide SEO analysis and recommendations on site structure.
- Identify and implement SEO best practices for website performance including page load speed improvements, sitemap XML creation/submission.
- Implementing new pieces of functionality/plugins/extensions for the following platforms (WordPress, WooCommerce).
- Troubleshooting/Researching and compiling possible solutions to a variety of potential client requests/problems.
- Working with website hosts, technical support teams, client’s internal development teams to implement any and all required elements.
- Assist in providing technical consultation and support to clients.
Our Ideal Candidate is:
- You’re a good listener and a team player who can build strong relationships with our team of Digital Marketers.
- You see development and design as a process to solve business problems.
- You are extremely organized, have a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and attention to detail.
- You own the quality of your work, always looking to learn and improve and you have a portfolio of WordPress websites that you’re proud to show off.
- Ability to manage your time wisely in a fast-paced environment across projects and competing priorities. Ensure deadlines are met accordingly and expectations around those are managed.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to multi-task, work independently and learn technical information quickly.
- Provide customer support.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience: Web Development: 1-2 years (Preferred).
- Must be creative!
- WordPress, HTML5, CSS3, MySQL, PHP for front-end website development.
- Working Knowledge of other programming languages.
- Experience in the following web frameworks & CMS or eCommerce platforms: WordPress/WooCommerce, Shopify, Bootstrap, WPengine, Joomla, Magento, Drupal.
- Experience with customizing WordPress templates.
- Ability to create custom templates from a PSD an asset.
- Experience with PHP and MySQL is an asset.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop is a must.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign is an asset.
- Strong Knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Strong Knowledge of search engine optimization.
- Impeccable spoken and written English.
- Ability to deal with browser compatibility mobile responsive issues.
- Experience improving website speed load times.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment in a timely and organized manner.
- Ability to prioritize projects and handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Stay current on the latest technologies and inspire others to do the same.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Does this sound like a good fit for you? Please send us your Resume and Cover Letter.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract