Petrospec Engineering is currently looking for a “Manufacturing Assistant” to assist with the manufacturing downhole instrumentation strings. The successful candidate must be energetic, meticulous, and work well as part of a team. You need to very mechanically inclined, familiar with hand tools, heavy equipment and enjoy working outside in all weather conditions.
You will be taking your daily direction from the Manufacturing Coordinator at our manufacturing facility with a crew of 2-4 people building custom strings for customers. This work is all outdoors and it is local so you will be home every night. These shifts are usually 12-hour days.
There will be some 8-hour shop days. The nature of this work is conjointly done with other divisions of the company. Petrospec’s Quality and Safety standards are essential for all daily tasks. Since this position is considered safety sensitive, a clean driver’s license and periodic D&A testing is required. This is a great role for those who like working outside and enjoy learning in a fast-paced setting.
The Petrospec team is results driven and promotes high quality efforts and products that make our projects successful. Competitive pay and benefits provided.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Consistently demonstrate a commitment to a high level of safety performance.
- Inventory and stock on the manufacturing facility with equipment, related tools, and consumables.
- Actively contribute to the development of new and existing procedures.
- Participate in job preparation, and job mobilization of crew and equipment.
- Responsible and accountable for pre/post vehicle and equipment inspections and proper completion of driver log books.
- Participate in manufacturing facility and shop safety meetings and toolbox talks.
- Provide positive solutions and constructive operational feedback to the Manufacturing Coordinator as required.
- Open to and capable of comprehending additional technical training related to instrumentation, related technologies and processes.
- Competently operate various pieces of equipment required at the assembly facility and shop.
- Competently drive vehicles and various pieces of equipment to the assemble facility and around Edmonton.
- Perform shop duties such as general clean up, pick up/deliveries, etc.
- Comply with all applicable Health & Safety and Quality regulations, as well as, internal standards, programs and procedures.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Operations Manager.
- Satisfactory driver’s abstract with a minimum Class 5 driver’s license is a must.
- Experience pulling trailers is an asset but can be taught.
- Class 3 license is an asset but not required.
- There is a manual labor component to this position. Must be able to lift 30-50 lbs. Standing for long periods of time. Climbing on and off trucks and trailers.
- Familiarity with hydraulic and/or electrical systems is an asset.
- Coil Tubing knowledge/ experience is an asset.
- Strong mathematic skills and ability to read schematics is an asset.
- 5/2 schedule, weekend required occasionally, working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- This is a safety sensitive position and a pre-job drug/alcohol screening is required. Other drug/alcohol testing includes Post Incident, Reasonable Cause and Random Testing program.
- Up to date First Aid is preferred but not required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $68,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- class 5 or higher (required)