Highway Base Crew Foreman
We are a locally owned road & street construction and paving contractor seeking a professional and enthusiastic Foreman to join our team. This is a skilled position that involves out of town work in various locations throughout Alberta.
Reporting to the Supervisor, the Foreman directs and manages all on-site construction workers, subcontractors and equipment, enforcing the company’s direction, policies, procedures and safety standards, while meeting construction deadlines.
- Ensure sufficient deployment and productivity of work crew.
- Work as a team member and leader to carry out sub-grade preparation and gravel operations.
- Organize and coordinate the daily activities of all crew members, sub-contractors and equipment.
- Work with Supervisor to plan work in an efficient and effective order, maximizing progress in a safe and timely manner.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Review and conduct safety meetings and hazard assessments with crew prior to job commencement.
- Use survey equipment.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- Minimum Class 5 Operator’s License with a clean driver abstract
- Experience in a supervisory capacity is preferred
- Knowledge of road construction materials, heavy equipment operation and industry requirements
- Willing to work out of town and in remote locations, as required
- Willing to work overtime, as required
- Working knowledge of MS Office is an asset
- Training preferred: First Aid, RSTS, Alberta Temporary Traffic Control, Leadership for Safety Excellence, and Ground Disturbance
- Grader experience is preferred
- Previous experience on a highway base crew is an asset
- Competitive wages
- Full time seasonal employment with room for advancement
- Benefits and RRSP packages
- Safe, positive and exciting work environment
Job Type: Full-time
- highway base crew: 2 years (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)