About our company
NTD Apparel Inc. is an industry leading apparel firm located in Ville St-Laurent,Qc. For over twenty years, the founding partners have developed solid strategies for license and fashion brand acquisitions, unparalleled retail marketing initiatives, quality production and an exemplary management team. Drawing its strength from a multi-divisional corporate infrastructure, NTD successfully markets to a wide variety of apparel categories for all size ranges and both genders to all major retailers in North America.
Under the supervision of the Vice-President of Sales, we are hiring a Director of Sales for our ladies division who will be accountable for establishing new retailer relationships, with the goal of growing existing accounts and US business.
The candidate must have proven leadership, financial planning and sales experience. Be able to identify opportunities and market trends and be strategic, analytical and have strong decision-making abilities. He/she is a team player who understands the importance of building clear visions that drive top line sales performance, profitability and market share. Located in our Montreal,Qc or Mississauga,Ontario office, responsibilities will include:
- Develop strategic, business plans to achieve sales targets. Source leads/prospective.
- Manage the sales process and support clients by establishing strong business partnerships.
- Support clients with their merchandising strategies. Establish positive relationships with buyers, merchandising executives and with major customers in order to optimize sales. ·
- Provide sales support for assigned accounts. Monitor weekly sales and collaborate with merchandising, marketing, and sourcing in order to establish new partnerships & optimize sales.
- Participate in developing assortment plans for customers in order to increase sales.
- Participate in the development of brand marketing strategies to build and drive key seasonal brand and product stories.
- Assist in the development of go-to-market strategies, brand awareness…etc., for prospective partners.
- Visit customers/stores to procure insight on product performance. Communicate opportunities/risks to merchandise, marketing teams……. etc.
- Remain abreast of the competition, market trends and participate in defining the direction mode with merchandising team.
- Travel as required.
- 5 to 8 years sales related experience in women’s apparel with a proven sales track record.
- Bachelors degree in business, merchandising or equivalent.
- Experience working with large retailers especially in sales and merchandising.
- Strong capacity in establishing longstanding strategic partnerships that nurture sales growth.
- Savvy negotiation skills.
- Strong organization, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- A Self-starter with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Intermediate skills in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Licensing experience an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 5 years (Required)