We are looking for a motivated recent graduate who is comfortable working with traditional desktop applications as well as the latest Mobile application technologies. You will participate in all stages of the software development life cycle to design and execute tests, identify and track defects to assist us in delivering the highest-quality software to our clients. You’ll learn the functional requirements of the software, write test design specifications, perform both manual and automated tests and continuously looking for ways to improve the QA process.
Our company, Nexent Innovations Inc. designs and sells leading service management software solutions. A small, dynamic software provider located in Mississauga, we are well established with a global reach, having clients in over 45 countries around the world.
This is a 9-12 month contract with the opportunity for permanent placement.
We offer competitive compensation, a casual work environment, Friday Team Lunches (once social distancing rules are reduced or removed) and the opportunity to continuously learn and advance working with leading technologies. We work closely as a team so your voice, ideas and contribution will be heard.
- Recent graduate with Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.Under the Youth Employer Program you must be aged between 18 and 30 and be legally entitled to work in Canada (Canadian citizens or landed immigrants).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed and proactive attitude.
- Conduct thorough and accurate software testing and provide approvals during development sprints, integration, release, regression and patch software development phases
- Design, implement, and execute manual test cases and plans based on product functional specifications, product review and interviews with the team.
- Participate in agile development projects and ensure stories meet the defined acceptance criteria and pass required testing during each sprint
- Document software defects in the issue-tracking system
- Working with our development team you will create, maintain, and execute automated test scripts
As the ideal candidate for our team you will bring the following skills to the position:
- Exposure to creating e2e test suites for all components, and running them with Test Cafe (or a well-reasoned alternative)
- Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments
- Able to plan, organize and execute on multiple priorities using good time management skills
- Keen attention to detail. Must be deadline and results oriented.
- Good interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team and across functional groups.
- Solid understanding of software project life cycle and associated methodologies.
- Basic experience with databases and a general understanding of SQL and queries.
- Exposure to testing RESTful or SOAP based webservices using POSTMAN, SOAPUI or other leading tools is a plus
If you think you would be a good fit for this position, we invite you to e-mail your cover letter and resume to apply.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Temporarily due to COVID-19