Through our National Diabetes Trust operations, we divert more than 100 million kilograms of clothing and household items from landfills. One hundred per cent of net proceeds directly supports Diabetes Canada and helps send more than 2,400 children and youth with type 1 diabetes to Diabetes Canada's D-Camps. Additionally, what we raise funds world-leading diabetes research, education and advocacy.
As an employee on the National Diabetes Trust team, you are part of our national coverage in 2,500 communities, with 28 operations and 100 trucks. Join a team that is making a difference raising money for life altering charitable programs, all while helping the environment.
About the IT & Telecommunications Analyst Role
Reporting to the Senior Manager, IT Operations, the IT & Telecommunications Analyst will work closely with the IT team to deliver on client business requirements and support for specific system (desktop/laptop/mobile hardware, cloud and mobile telecommunications systems, Windows and Mac operating systems), application or process designs (Office 365 applications e-mail, web browser, security apps, and assorted utilities).
Some highlights of this role include:
- Act as a Single Point of Contact for the National Office Service Desk
- Respond to enquiries from clients providing technical support; either by phone, email or onsite via external technical support resources to help resolve any hardware or software problems
- Manage all cloud-based telecommunications platforms
- Manage the Bell Mobility mobile devices (procurement, deployment and activations)
- Follow, maintain, and create software installation, system setup procedures, instructions, FAQ's, and knowledgebase articles
- Deploy new and upgraded workstations, including setup, delivery, and installation
- Take ownership of user problems, perform a technical diagnosis, and fix the issue either remotely or onsite via external technical support resources
- Log all Service Issues in the ticketing system and maintain full documentation
- Support users in the use of their mobile device and computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
- Maintain strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations
- Maintain user security on all systems
- Resolve all IT issues and queries with a professional manner, maintaining a high degree of customer service, adhering to all service management principles and escalete more complex service issues to the relevant IT staff
- Arrange for External Technical Support resources where problems cannot be resolved in house
- Perform project or project related tasks as assigned
- Co-ordinate in office moves and liaise with vendors and service providers
- Additional duties as required ensuring the effective operation of the IT function
The selected candidate for this IT & Telecommunications Analyst role will meet the following minimum requirements:
- University Degree, College Diploma, or relevant related experience
- Working knowledge of supporting IT infrastructure technologies such as telecommunications, networking and security.
- Project management experience
- 3+ years hands-on experience administering Microsoft Office 365 including Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook, Azure Active Directory
- Working knowledge of security best practices, including Multi-Factor Authentication, Data Privacy and Threat Management
- Process and workflow documentation
- Project and vendor management
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work directly with business users
- Facilitating a positive end-user experience for Office 365
- Good understanding of cloud-based communication systems, TCP/IP network, basic routing and switching protocols.
- Hands-on experience in supporting and troubleshooting Mac OS and Microsoft operating systems (hardware and software)
- Service Desk support experience supporting telecommunications, desktop and laptop computers, and associated peripherals
- ITIL or A+ certification would be an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Visio or similar diagramming/workflow tools would be an asset
- Knowledge of cloud-based systems such as Freshservice, Dayforce, KnowBe4, zScaler, Trend Micro Cloud App Security would be an asset
- Technical aptitude for Microsoft products would be an asset
- Knowledge of PowerShell would be an asset
How to Apply
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
- NDT welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities. We value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise us during the recruitment process.
- We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.