Help make a difference for Canadians. CMHC’s aspiration is that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. All of our programs and activities support this singular goal.
Be part of an inclusive workplace. Diversity and Inclusion guides everything we do at CMHC. We’re taking concrete actions to eliminate racism and embed equity into our culture, processes, programs, and policies so that they reflect the lived experiences of all Canadians.
Join the Partnerships, Technology and Workplace Team at CMHC, where we lead digital transformation to accelerate housing affordability and provide integrated technology and workplace solutions that meet employees’ needs.
As a technical and service management subject matter expert with leadership experience and aspirations, in close collaboration with internal and supplier partners, you will provide quality assurance regarding IT infrastructure, application and service performance management in an oversight capacity. You will identify the organizational impacts of deploying new and maintaining existing applications and services using process discipline, adherence to general controls and leading practices. Finally, you will adopt an outcome-focused approach when managing partners in order to meet business unit needs and the organization’s objectives.
- Coordinates across CMHC and with partners to maintain an up-to-date map of all infrastructure available to CMHC.
- Develops and updates corporate standards for applications to ensure compatibility and integration of multi-partner platforms throughout CMHC. Oversees major change implementation and service introduction (new deployments, upgrades, enhancements, retirements, integration).
- Oversees and monitors the implementation of corrective measures to ensure effectiveness of general controls.
- Identifies, escalates and manages issues and risks through mature governance processes to ensure that CMHC has access to effective systems.
- Conducts research and recommends changes in services, products, protocols, controls and standards to deliver operational excellence.
- Oversees the execution of the service strategy through expert management of the IT workflow platform (ServiceNow) and relevant processes, including the enhancement pipeline, upgrades, remediation and improved user experience.
- With guidance from the Sr. Manager - Service Delivery, proposes and develops the service strategy and supports the coordination across stakeholder teams to ensure projects meet strategic service objectives
- With the partners, on an annual basis, contributes to preparation the annual operating plan to ensure alignment with the service strategy, impact on budget and forecast. Also performs a challenge function on assumptions and plan quality based cost-effectiveness principles or other relevant considerations.
- In close collaboration with partners, maintains an overview of the current state of CMHC’s infrastructure, network and application suite, from analysis, design, development, installation, maintenance and enhancement planned or being deployed.
- Undergraduate degree in information technology.
- Leadership experience and capabilities demonstrated through career progression showing increasing levels of complexity and responsibility
- Minimum of seven years of relevant experience in a multi-vendor environment driving operational and service excellence
- Strong technical skills in the areas of infrastructure, applications and network.
- Strong service management skills based on leading practice demonstrated through development and execution of service strategy
- Experience in process design, business/systems solution design and change management.
- Ability to work in a high stress environment in which priorities or technologies are changing rapidly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to distill complex technical information or project status in simple terms to senior management, business units, colleagues and partners.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders (internal and external) and provides oversight.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively by developing partnerships with vendors and stakeholders
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships, recognize opportunities for service improvement and contribute to a working environment where diversity is valued, respected and integrated.
.Bilingual French and English
Posting closing date:
Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
CMHC values diverse backgrounds and experience and welcomes non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada to apply!
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: