Software Developer - Intern
Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Develop software using C++ in the context of a self-organizing cross-functional Scrum team.
- Practice test-driven development.
- Participate in regular code reviews in a collaborative team context.
- Continually learn and improve based on focused feedback.
- Write documentation, such as sections of Users Manuals or System Administration manuals.
- Some scripting and Python supporting development tooling and environment.
- Comfortable with Windows and Linux development environments.
- Embrace and practice the Agile software development philosophy.
- The development of reliable and robust mission-critical software for control and analytics in unmanned systems.
- Be a contributing, pro-active member of a co-located Scrum team.
- Embracing ownership of the responsibilities of the Scrum team, and stepping up wherever needed.
- Collaborating continuously on growing the design and implementation of software products.• Other duties as assigned by Manager or employer.
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 98,000 people worldwide, including nearly 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 75 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of major programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Strong ability to design, develop, document, debug, and test software.
- Excel working in a collaborative agile team environment.
- C++ programming experience
- Object Oriented Development background.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- User Interface design experience.
- Some familiarity with iterative project planning and agile development practices.
- Ability to follow disciplined coding standards and practices.
- Enrolled in Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with a strong programming background.
- Must pass the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (“CGP”) Security Assessment Application; and meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) requirements if required.
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.