Did you know that VIA Rail is carrying out ambitious projects to modernize its services and infrastructure? From our new ultramodern train fleet to ongoing improvement of our infrastructure and reservation system, we’re building the future of transportation in Canada. Working for VIA Rail is being a part of a collective effort in sustainable mobility.
At the heart of VIA Rail’s Business Transformation Office (BTO), the IT Analyst has a key and multifaceted role to create value for our internal and external customers.
The IT Analyst will be working with a community of IT Analysts as well as other Subject Matter Experts to recommend and deliver business solutions addressing various business requirements and technical challenges. In addition, the IT Analysts will be working with various solution providers such as cloud, hosting and software providers. The IT Analyst will continue to use and enhance their business and technology knowledge to analyze, recommend, implement and support solutions for VIA business users. They will bring a fresh perspective to VIA, demonstrate a passion for learning new things, and grow with the company.
Requirements management and analysis:
- Business requirements: Liaise with the Business and the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to capture, consolidate, prioritize and document the business requirements and explore alternative solutions. Use business process, data modeling techniques, documentation and tools to capture and analyze business requirements and rules and suggest improvements.
- Functional specifications: Deliver the functional analysis, producing typical deliverables such as user stories, use cases, wireframes, domain models and/or mock-ups at a level that the developers can construct and implement the solutions. Develop the functional specifications for system aspects, and understand the modules being implemented as well as the set up and configuration options available.
- Contribute to projects with solution design to meet project objectives. Coordinate smaller projects with the business users and other internal and external providers. Participate in or lead solution validation including test case creation and user acceptance tests.
- Manage the implementation plans and deadlines. Support users during the deployment of the solution. Participate in the development of documentation, acceptance tests, facilitative tools and training programs intended for users. Install and configure new systems or upgrade existing ones. Support the development and test teams and provide hypercare (project aftercare).
- Incident management: Acknowledge and analyze reported incidents, identify and implement solutions during business hours. Work closely with the business and other internal and external providers to restore services while respecting agreed Service Levels.
- Vendor relationship: Own the relationship with the Application Management Service providers. Be the key contact between the business and the supplier.