As part of the Cornwall Community Hospital you uphold the mission, vision and ICARE values in order to create a safe environment for patients/clients, families, staff, physicians and volunteers, recognizing 'Patient Safety' and our hospital's 'Senior Friendly Strategies' as a top priority in creating a culture of safety and 'The Workplace of Choice'. Cornwall Hospital is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Accomodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment/selection process.
Summary of responsibilities
Clerical duties including registering Emergency, Admitting and Radiology patients; preparation of pre-op blood work and forms; booking appointments for Pre-op clinic; relieving Switchboard. Other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the job
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- Medical Terminology (tested with a pass mark of 75% or greater)
- Demonstrated ability to operate a variety of office equipment including computer, fax, and photocopier
- Typing speed of 35 w.p.m.
- Knowledge of Word, Windows and spreadsheet programs
- Organizational abilities with initiative and the ability to work unsupervised
- Good interpersonal skills and strong team orientation
- Good communication and customer service/public relation skills
- Demonstrated regular, punctual attendance
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Functional level in both official languages (oral and written in English; oral in French – and testing completed)
- Previous experience in hospital clerical work
Are you interested in this job