The Employment Practices Field Managers must conduct a high volume of complex workplace investigations in accordance with Walmart Canada Policy and applicable law, with a primary focus on harassment and discrimination allegations involving customers and employees. Sophisticated policy analysis must be clearly articulated in writing with appropriate and trusted recommendations for senior management
- EP Field Managers must independently conduct high volume of complex, high risk, neutral workplace investigations into allegations that management may have acted contrary to Walmart Canada policy and applicable law, including related decisions/recommendations with respect to discipline up to and including termination.
- EP Field Managers must effectively manage high stress workplace conflict between the parties involved in the investigation, in addition to, appropriately prioritizing overlapping urgent/ high risk matters.
- EP Field Manager must effectively communicate to senior management and legal counsel, their investigative findings, application of policy and related recommendations, both in writing and verbally.
- EP Field Managers are responsible for reaching appropriate conclusions that are in accordance with applicable employment related law, including fast developing human rights case law.
- EP Field Managers are responsible for appropriately handling highly sensitive confidential information about associates
- EP Field Managers are responsible for interviewing customers on behalf of Walmart Canada related to human rights, harassment and discrimination.
- EP Field Managers provide workplace investigation subject matter expertise to Store People Managers, Market People Managers, HR Business Partners/Directors in Logistics, Fleet and Store Support Centre.
- EP Field Managers are responsible for developing a professional reputation across the business that they are neutral, experienced and trustworthy.
- bilingual - French & English
- complex writing skills of a legal nature
- ability to be neutral and calm in stressful interviews about sensitive matters
- ability to analyze complex interpersonal matters and articulate findings in clear and appropriate manner
- ability to manage high stress/ interpersonal conflict on a daily basis
- ability to learn new areas of the business quickly
- ability to work independently with little to no supervision and produce high volume of work product within tight deadlines
- subject matter expertise in how to conduct a neutral harassment and discrimination investigation
- subject matter expertise in making appropriate conclusion on harassment and discrimination allegations
- appropriate familiarity with employment related laws
Reference ID: R-698836
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Investigation: 1 year (required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19