Thompson Construction Group is currently looking for Excavator Operators for their operations in the Fort McMurray region.
- Operate Excavator as it applies to loading trucks, trenching, ditching, sloping, etc.
- Conduct a pre-operational equipment inspection checklist before operating
- Understand, interpret and follow directions from supervisors as to required work area
- Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance
- Understand and adhere to all policies, procedures and standard
- Participate in all safety and culture building programs
- Perform work in a safe manner in accordance with Thompson Construction Group safe work practices, policies and procedures
- Report all incidents, near-misses, and damage of the equipment to site supervision
- Ability to identify hazards
- Must be dependable and reliable
- Minimum 5 years of similar work experience is required.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work in the Ft McMurray area and live in remote camps while working a rotational schedule
- CSTS 09 along with legacy OSSA Regional Orientation or BSO or CSO Certification
- Ground Disturbance, H2S Alive and First Aid is considered an asset
- Must be in good health and physical condition to perform duties assigned
- Must be able to pass a pre-access drug and alcohol test
The Thompson Advantage
- Consistent yearlong work
- Fly in/fly out (Edmonton & Calgary hubs) provided for some sites
- Camp or Living Out Allowance provided
- Retention Safety Bonus
- Referral Programs
The above statements describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel.
This is a full-time contractual term position located in Fort McMurray, AB. The position duration is project specific and based on decisions of our clients regarding performance on site.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $1.00 per hour
- Class 5 Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person