Primary function is media support and control. Growth promotion testing, and ensuring media is supplied to lab in sufficient volumes to execute testing in a timely manner. The Analyst will also perform routine microbiological testing of raw materials, in-process samples, finished products, stability samples, media preparation and environmental monitoring support.
- Initiate, test & report microbiological analysis of raw materials, in-process samples, finished products, and stability samples. Perform microscopic examination of raw materials & other samples submitted.
- Performing Environmental Monitoring of the Plant as well as the Microbiology Laboratory, including routine water sampling.
- Prepare & maintain stock cultures. Perform media challenge testing.
- Provide laboratory assistant, performing media preparation, autoclave operation
- Ensure all testing is documented in the appropriate logbooks and hard copy records are completed in a timely manner.
- Perform all work within safety guidelines, including proper disposal of all materials, testing residues and solutions.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of own and shared work areas.
- Provide accurate, neat, reliable, complete analysis reports, including result entry in computerized reports or Laboratory Information Management System, by following approved test procedures and relevant Standard Operating Procedures, which permit proper evaluation of the sample tested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum 3 year diploma in Science related discipline or BSc.
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $23.91 per hour
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)