Stock Transportation Ltd. (a subsidiary of National Express LLC) operates more than 2,800 school buses and serves 35+ school districts throughout Ontario, Nova Scotia and Alberta. With the support of National Express Group, a global leader in transportation, we are continually focused on delivering our service promise: Getting students to school safely, on time and ready to learn®.
We want to assure you that we have taken swift and proactive measures to combat COVID-19 as it relates to our operations. Health Canada recommends cleaning and disinfecting surfaces to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other viral respiratory illnesses, and for this reason, we have put into place new cleaning protocols across our business. Each day, our teams will be cleaning and disinfecting our vehicles by using government recommended cleaning solutions. We have also advised our employees to adhere to the Health Canada guidelines on COVID-19 to reduce transmission. When it comes to the safety and the well-being of our team members and passengers, we will work tirelessly to see to it that we are doing everything we can to manage this current situation
We are currently seeking an engaged leader, in the student transportation industry, to join our team as a Signing Authority at our Etobicoke location.
- Conduct and document required classroom and behind-the-wheel instruction for drivers and retraining as needed
- Evaluate Class B/E licensed applicants from other companies and provide Stock specific training to qualified candidates
- Provide trainee progress feedback to Manager Safety & Training and Manager, Signing Authority to update status and manage the training process efficiently
- Assist with Start Up, Safety Workshops, Monthly Safety Meetings and Driver Events as required
- Ensure Signing Authority documentation for licensing is completed thoroughly in a timely manner and meets the expectation of the Ontario Ministry of Transportation
- Conduct and document 30 day, semi-annual and post collision behind-the-wheel driver evaluations
- Assist in providing coaching to drivers for Drive Cam event incidents
- Participating in the administration of customer safety awareness programs, and company-sponsored safety programs
- Conduct School Bus Driver Improvement Course sessions
- Hold a valid B driver’s license for at least 3 years with no demerit points on driving record
- No preventable accidents in the past 12 months
- Have completed or plan to complete a recognized Driver Trainer or Signing Authority course (e.g. the SHARE, PRIDE Program)
- Maintain Signing Authority status as per MTO requirements.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and summer months
- Must participate in Signing Authority recertification course and in house workshop courses offered by the organization
- Keep current of changes to procedures and amendments of the Ontario Highway Traffic Act and industry best practices
- Able to effectively communicate with adult learners to facilitate learning new or improving driving skills development
- Uphold the company and provincial standards when evaluating drivers for school bus licensing and retraining
Job Type: Part-time