5468 Southfork Leduc Liquor
A proudly Canadian company with more than 100 years in the food business, Sobeys Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Empire Company Limited, headquartered in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. The Sobeys name is synonymous with quality and passion. Now we’ve brought it to liquor stores across Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan. Here’s how: in 1993, the Alberta Provincial Government announced the privatization of the liquor retail industry. Capitalizing on this important change, we launched Western Cellars, which opened its first location in Spruce Grove in November 1995. In 2014 Sobeys Liquor acquired Safeway Wine & Spirits. Since then, we’ve grown steadily to over 100 locations across British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan.™
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
We have an immediate opening for a customer driven, community engaged, results oriented and passionate people leader to join our team as an Assistant Store Manager. As a member of the management team, our Assistant Store Manager is responsible for leading the merchandising, inventory control and customer relationships at their location. This role will be critical in the coaching and developing of teammates to provide a superior shopping experience to our customers. If you enjoy leading people, providing liquor product expertise to customers, and supporting the Store Manager’s strategy, vision and budget for overall store performance – apply now!
- Support the manager in operating total store requirements
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring people
- Track record of supporting others in setting goals
- Empowering others to develop their careers
- Ability to recruit new team members
- Willing to support the performance management process
- Experience in complying with regulatory requirements and procedures
- Passion for customer service and community involvement
- 3-5 years in a retail environment
- Successful completion of high school
- Legal age to sell liquor products
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.