Accounting Analyst Department: Finance Supervisor: Corporate Controller
Working within the finance function, the Accounting Analyst will support the team in ensuring timely and accurate financial statements through the compilation of information, journal entry processing and monthly account reconciliation. The Accounting Analyst will assist in fostering a strong control environment while providing proactive coordination of the flow of information with finance team members across the organization.
- Responsible for Financial Reporting & Analysis encompassing publishing period-end consolidated financial statements, including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements, ensuring on-time completion and accuracy
- The incumbent prepares month-end financial close for holding companies and publishes year-end Financial Statements and taxes for all group companies and related parties.
- Responsible for preparation of bank reporting, including margin certificate and compliance certificate
- Performs key analytics to monitor financial accounting trends
- Treasury responsibilities include:
- Monitors and manages daily cash flow, and prepares 12 week rolling cash forecast
- Performs Intercompany funds transfers and interest payments as required
- Submits wire payments to major local suppliers and all international vendors
- Processes government remittances
- Analyses foreign exchange transactions
- General Accounting responsibilities including reconciliation and/or review of bank accounts and inter-company receivables/payables, ensuring investigation, follow-up and corrections
- Compiles and prepares monthly journal entries as per the JE schedule and performs inter-company accounting and calculates interest & loan amortization
- Assists with year-end audit preparations
- Conducts special charge billing to customers
- Communicates standard operating procedures to internal customers for accounting and documentation related matters
- Coordinates and/or participates in documentation of internal control processes
- Responsible for reporting & other duties such as Statistics Canada (monthly) reports, US & Canadian Government (Quarterly & Yearly) reports and assisting with
insurance renewal process and liaising with insurance provider throughout the year
- Assists with special projects as required
Accounting designation (CPA, CMA, CGA) or in enrolled and actively pursuing, and a university degree in accounting, economics, or
1-2 years of general accounting experience in a fast paced, high volume lean manufacturing environment.
sAS400 ERP / Infor LX system experience a plus and Microsoft Office software (advanced Excel) is required
Proven track record working with people and problem resolution and strong interpersonal, collaboration skills
Treasury/Cash Management experience is considered an asset. Solid analytical ability and detail-orientation with a bias for action and proven ability to deliver results.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR THIS POSITION:
- Analytically inclined with a positive can-do attitude
- A curious mind eager to embrace new leanings and make a positive impact
- Reliable and trustworthy with a strong work ethic, which is demonstrated in your past behaviours
- Flexible and able to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations & with various individuals and groups.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency, assuming responsibility without being asked in order to achieve results
- Maintain an effective relationship with internal and external partners by meeting expectations, gaining trust and respect and effectively supporting team members
- upholding a customer focused culture
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen.
- Effective supporter in implementation of change
- Solid project management and organisational skills
Polytainers is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Polytainers is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. Polytainers is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.