Competition posting date:
Competition closing date:
Transportation Services Department, Traffic Services, Traffic Operations Branch
1 Full-time Temporary Position - 35 hours/week (Up to 2 years)
CUPE 503 Inside/Outside
$56,485.52 to $66,096.94 annually* (2019 rates of pay)
- You may initially be paid 95% of your starting rate of pay, in accordance with the collective agreement.
175 Loretta Street
Responsible for preparing and completing graphic and technical computer aided drafting assignments such
as: contract drawings from field surveys, intersection drawings, pamphlets, flyers, presentation documents,
forms and various departmental and city publications; updating base maps and plan proposals.
SPECIFIC JOB SUMMARY
This position will be responsible specifically for drafting street light design and street light plant drawings as
well as street lighting light level calculations, form, displays and other drawings associated with the branch's
operation using computer aided design (CAD) microcomputer system.
Education & Experience
Completion of Grade 12 plus graduation from a two (2) year Community College program in drafting or
Minimum two (2) years related drafting experience
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for
stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
A valid Ontario unrestricted "G" class driver’s license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit
English oral, reading, writing required
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows environment
- Working in a drafting office environment
- Road reconstruction and utility drafting
- Street Lighting or Traffic control signal operation and drafting techniques (Dependent on vacant
- Ontario Manual of Uniform Traffic Control devices, AGI and ARC-GIS
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Work effectively with others
- Provide a vehicle for transportation when require
- Work both inside and outside when required
If this opportunity matches your interest and profile please apply online by using the "Apply"
button. If this is your first online application please refer to our resources on how to apply for jobs online.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process
will be contacted.
The City of Ottawa is committed to providing quality services by establishing a qualified workforce that
reflects the diverse population it serves. The City encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the
HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.