Credit Representative (French Bilingual)
The Credit Representative position reports to the Credit Manager and is responsible for the credit collection and customer account maintenance function for their assigned territory. This will be accomplished in a prompt and courteous manner while following the guidelines set out within the Credit Policy.
- Facilitate credit collection process and ensure adherence to credit policy.
- Investigate and resolve customer inquiries and statement discrepancies.
- Reconciliation and follow-up on unmatched and outstanding invoices.
- Evaluate customer credit terms and recommend changes where necessary.
- Monitor credit queues to ensure service level agreements (SLA’s) are met.
- Maintain A/R aging and DSO targets.
- Facilitate issue escalation process.
- Make credit decisions on holding or releasing orders for problematic accounts.
- Propose account clean-up adjustments and write-offs.
- Maintain updated customer records.
- Monitor A/R aging report and identify accounts needing attention.
- Assist with internal inquiries.
- Maintain shared accounts receivable inbox.
- Investigate issues that arise from bank reconciliations and trace payments.
- Backfill positions to cover vacation and sick time as required.
- Provide support and backup to other functional areas within Finance as required.
- Complete various ad hoc projects as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Post-secondary education is an asset.
- French language fluency is mandatory.
- Prior accounts receivable/credit experience is an asset.
- Strong computer literacy skills; experience using an ERP system is highly desirable.
- Experience using SAGE is an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- French language capability is an asset.
Proven Skills, Abilities, and Attributes:
- Strong attention to detail with a healthy dose of curiosity to identify and resolve issues.
- Fast learner.
- Driven, self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks within deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and manage within interruptions.
- Good communication skills – communicates with Credit, Accounts Payable, Finance/Accounting, Sales Professionals, Cross-functional Stakeholders, and Customers.
- Business casual office environment.
- Family atmosphere.
- Possible shift work for coverage within department hours of 6:00am to 5:00pm.
- Possible work during statutory holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Collections: 2 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- French (Required)