Job title :
INVERMERE DISTRICT HSPTL
RELIEF FULL TIME
Invermere District Hospital is looking for Relief Full Time Cleaner to join their team! If you have Grade 10, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience....Apply today!
This position works day shifts on a rotating schedule (including weekends and holidays) with shift times of 06:30 to 14:43, 08:00 to 16:13, 08:00 to 16:00, 10:47 to 19:00.
**The successful candidate is responsible for working the hours and rotation of the posted position, this is not flexible**
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Housekeeping Operation such as:
- Maintaining clean and sanitary conditions in areas such as patient rooms, washrooms, corridors, hallways, and common areas;
- Cleans areas including floors, stairways, walls, windows and ceilings by sweeping, vacuuming, dust mopping, spot washing and wet washing;
- Cleans and disinfects washrooms;
- Strips and makes beds;
- Picks up soiled laundry and linens;
- Cleans Nursing area and isolation rooms including washing of furniture;
- Cleans upholstered furniture and carpets by vacuuming, shampooing, and brushing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Come live in beautiful Invermere, in the Canadian Rockies! Invermere, is situated on the shore of one of the warmest lakes in the valley, the town of Invermere is all about sun and fun. People come here to relax, to spend summer afternoons at the beach or go boating, river rafting or golfing. There are spectacular parks and hiking trails in the area. The area offers hiking, mountain biking, fishing, kayaking, white-water rafting, canoeing and wonderful camping. In the winter, snowmobiling and plenty of alpine and cross country skiing with 2 ski resorts on our doorstep. Skating on the World’s “Biggest Skating Rink”, The Whiteway is a must.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 10,
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.