Part-Time Direct Support Professionals – Residential Services
Community Living North Grenville is a local organization founded by families and friends of individuals with intellectual disabilities. Community Living North Grenville advocates for, promotes and facilitates the full participation, inclusion and citizenship of people who have an intellectual disability.
Join Community Living North Grenville to start your rewarding career as a Direct Support Professional. We offer competitive salaries, 11.5% in lieu of benefits, and access to a group RRSP managed by a professional financial organization. You will get the opportunity to support individuals to reach their goals while advancing your skills through our training, orientation and professional development opportunities.
Similar job titles include Residential Support Worker, Support Worker, Developmental Support Worker, Personal Support Worker (PSW) and Developmental Services Worker (DSW).
- Facilitates support for individuals based on self-directed support plans.
- Demonstrates a respectful relationship with each individual which recognizes his or her rights as a citizen and promotes dignity and well-being.
- Supports individuals to develop decision making skills, exercise choices, and assume responsibilities and reasonable risk that promote inclusion in the community. Involves individuals and their advocates in the decision making process.
- Is aware of the unique strengths, needs and preferences of each individual, particularly as it relates to an individual’s goals and aspirations.
- Works with support services, landlords, volunteers, and community groups to provide support and services, as required.
- Supports each individual to participate in the cultural, spiritual, recreational, leisure, and education activities in the community.
- Provides personal care as required.
- Supports individuals to make informed choices in all areas as needed including healthy lifestyle (nutrition, diet, exercise), budgeting, medical and safety issues.
- Ensures confidentiality of all information pertaining to people supported, CLNG employees and the Association.
- Developmental Services Worker (DSW) diploma or related post secondary education at a college or university level (Social Service Worker Diploma, Child and Youth Worker Diploma, Personal Support Worker Diploma).
- A valid class G driver’s license with safe driving record is required.
- Able to provide a clear vulnerable persons screening report dated within the last six months.
- CPI, CPR, and First Aid Training are mandatory (can be recertified in house).
- Appropriate experience providing individualized support, and facilitating individual personal outcomes, based on self-directed support planning.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Hours of Work:
- Hours of work vary; therefore applicants must be available to work days, evenings, overnights and weekends.
- Employees will be scheduled for part time hours as well as be expected to pick up last minute call in shifts.
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
Part-time hours: 24-32 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.32-$23.78 per hour
The health and safety of our employees is top priority. We have ample supplies of PPE at each residence including face shields and goggles. Screening protocols are in place at all locations.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place