About Cyxtera Technologies, Inc.
Cyxtera Technologies combines a worldwide footprint of best-in-class data centers with a portfolio of modern, cloud- and hybrid-ready security and analytics offerings – providing more than 3,500 enterprises, government agencies and service providers an integrated, secure and resilient infrastructure platform for critical applications and systems.
Cyxtera is the secure infrastructure company. By combining a modern, hybrid-ready information security fabric with an uncommonly diverse and distributed footprint of 57 world-class data centers, Cyxtera delivers a secure platform for connecting and protecting dedicated infrastructure, private clouds and public clouds.
For enterprises, government agencies and service providers, Cyxtera offers powerful, secure IT infrastructure capabilities paired with agile, dynamic software-defined security.
Simply put, we’re a new kind of data center company—one with security integrated as a core service offering into the facilities that sit at the nexus of enterprise IT and the cloud. And we’re a new kind of security company—with solutions built for the way we run our applications today
Cyxtera’s secure infrastructure portfolio includes:
- 57 world-class data centers, with more than 50 carrying Uptime Institute’s Management and Operations (M&O) Stamp of Approval
- A context-aware, identity-centric access control solution that surpasses outdated hardware-defined and perimeter-centric approaches to infrastructure security with a “software-defined perimeter” that increases resilience, simplifies management complexity and reduces costs
- Specialized fraud prevention and authentication services for specific verticals including financial institutions and government agencies
- Advanced investigative and network analytics to help better predict, prevent and detect threats
About the Function
The Cyxtera Data Center Facilities Technician 3 is responsible for supporting the operation and maintenance of both the electrical and mechanical infrastructure within the Data Center as assigned by the Facilities Manager in a 24/7 mission critical environment.
About the Position
- Support the maintenance of mechanical and electrical infrastructure per manufacturers’ recommendation and corporate specifications.
- Work directly with the customer and/or Cyxtera support staff to identify and troubleshoot as necessary to isolate the root cause of problems to include standing, bending and kneeling as needed to perform this task.
- Perform and execute necessary rounds such as Security and/or Facilities rounds throughout the Data Center and around the property as directed to insure the integrity of the site.
- Perform customer installation activities to include but are not limited to cage builds, rack layouts, electrical circuits, HVAC hot/cold aisle configuration, etc.
- Provide oversight of contractors and service providers in the Data Center as appropriate.
- Conduct daily inspections of all Data Center infrastructure equipment.
- Ensure Computerized Maintenance Management System data accuracy.
- Monitor building management systems and other automated tools and applications to ensure operational efficiencies.
- As a member of an on–call rotation provide emergency response as needed with DCS team.
- Shift, evening and weekend work required.
- Perform assigned tasks when part of a project team.
- Respond to both internal and external work requests within a timely manner delivering a high level of support.
- Lifting of Cyxtera and/or customer equipment required up to and in excess of 50 lbs. Server lifts can be utilized where applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Operational experience with Data Center equipment that includes but not limited to switchgear, generators, UPS, PDU, Chillers, RTU, CRAH/CRAC, Chilled Water systems, and VESDA
- Strong team player.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to successfully interact with both internal and external customers.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to maintain all facility related documentation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Understanding and implementation of ITIL processes.
- Experience with Visio, AutoCAD, SAP, Maximo, CAFM, Siebel and Adobe Acrobat Writer.
- Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years mission critical Facilities experience.
- Building Environmental Systems certificate or Stationary Engineer or Electro-mechanical technician certificate or licensed electrician required
Job Type: Full-time
- Data Center: 1 year (Preferred)