This is a travel position based in Whitehorse, Yukon, open for both full-time and part-time (fly-in, fly-out model) employees.
Reporting to the RN/RPN or other regulated health professional, the Personal Support Worker performs assigned functions as an unregulated care provider, that support the health care team in assisting patients in activities of daily living, and supports the effective operation of patient care areas.
- Weekend availability
- Daily health check-ups, provide bedside and personal care.
- Maintaining daily health care records and assist with medication and housekeeping.
- Reporting behavioral and clinical changes to a supervisor.
- Performing the sitter duties and keep the surroundings around the clients neat and clean.
- Help with light housekeeping - for example, do laundry, wash dishes and make beds.
- Effectively communicates to the RN/RPN, in a timely, objective manner without interpretation, the following but not limited to: Patient information specific to assigned activities.
Why join Power?
- Weekly pay
- Consistent hours
- Growth opportunity
- PSW Program Certificate or Diploma that meets the appropriate standards established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, the National Association of Career Colleges, or the Ontario Community Support Association
- Personal Support Worker Certificate received from an Ontario College of Applied Arts and Technology program.
- Relevant experience of 1 year and knowledge about healthcare rules & regulation
- Excellent communication skills along with basic MS Office skills.
- Flexible to work in all shifts along with weekends
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses a caring attitude, and good interpersonal skills.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 25 per week
Salary: $28.00-$32.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Alberta: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you drive or take the transit?
- This is a position in Whitehorse, Yukon. Are you comfortable with relocation?
- Long Term Care: 3 years (preferred)
- PSW Certificate (from Canada) (required)
- Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) within the last 6 months (required)
- 2 Steps TB (tuberculosis) test within the last 12 months (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person