POSTING NUMBER: 2020-069
POSITION: Data Officer (Non-unionized)
STARTING SALARY: $46,000- $53,000
A resume and cover letter are required for the application to this role. Please explain how you have used MS Power/Business Apps to deploy in-house solution in order to meet organizational automation needs.
When submitting your application, please quote positing number 2020-069, and submit no later than 4:00 p.m. on September 27, 2020. We appreciate your interest in SGH and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Shepherds of Good Hope (SGH) is one of the largest not-for-profit organizations dedicated to meeting the needs of homeless and vulnerably-housed individuals in the city of Ottawa. Many individuals who access our programs and services live with trauma, mental health challenges and addictions. A leader in supportive housing and harm-reduction, Shepherds of Good Hope provides around-the-clock, comprehensive services to both women and men in multiple locations across the city. By offering innovative programs and services in a non-judgmental environment, we are creating a community for all through acceptance, compassion and care.
The Data Officer performs occupancy reconciliation, coordinates data flows and reporting, database administration as well as administrative support to the Business Evaluation and Analytics Management Department (BEAM) and operational staff in all programs.
HIFIS, Finance, CRMS and Reporting:
- Complete daily and weekly reconciliation of data in the Homeless Individuals and Families Information System (HIFIS); complete monthly program billing to City of Ottawa; investigate discrepancies and follow up with management and staff in line with set procedures.
- Update and track billing amendments for client stays on HIFIS.
- Produce and submit monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for city funded and other programmes; maintain the report schedule and coordinate data collection for such reports.
- Data entry or supervise assigned resources like staff or students on an ad-hoc basis.
- CRMS database: staff training, CRMS administration, trouble shooting, quality assurance, reconciliation and reporting, process development and documentation with program managers, and coordinating data migration.
- Develop a data quality system for HIFIS and CRMS including tracking and reporting and following up with staff on error rates. Work co-jointly with the Business Support & Evaluation Officer on digital process automation, staff work flow improvement and efficiency increase.
- Regularly create, review and update documentation of processes and manuals.
- Assist BEAM, Client Services Team and Human Resources departments with tasks and projects as required.
- Other duties as required.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-secondary education in Data Administration, Office or Finance Administration, or a related field, and three years of experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general office and administrative procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in administrative, health or financial reconciliation processes and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management, eye for detail, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel use and databases.
- At least one year experience with MS Power Apps and/or Business Apps
The following would be considered assets:
- Experience with Power Automate, Power BI, or VBA/macros.
- Working experience in a social/health care environment
- Provide support to high acuity clients, including provision of basic needs, crisis intervention, engagement and referrals.
The regular working schedule is 8 hours a day, from Monday to Friday, during normal business hours that are typically between 8am and 5pm. There is an expectation of flexibility in scheduling work around program needs that may occur from time to time during evenings and weekends.
This position requires some on-site work with an option of partial work at home. As a non-unionized employee in the organization, there is an expectation that the employee will manage their time accordingly and utilize flexible working hours where needed to make up for the times where exceptional hours may apply.
Shepherds of Good Hope is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of our clients, residents, employees and volunteers, including those with disabilities. Please inform if you require accommodation through the hiring process and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Reference ID: 2020-069
Application deadline: 2020-09-27
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $46,000.00-$53,000.00 per year
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Work From Home
- MS Power Apps and/or Business Apps: 1 year (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19