*Please note that this will be a Maternity Leave Contract position with an expected start date around late March 2020.*
apetito is a global leader in the supply of nutritious, great-tasting meals for hospitals, care homes and Meals on Wheels across Canada, Germany, the UK, France, and the Netherlands. We are also the parent company of Heart to Home Meals, Canada’s leading private home meal delivery service for seniors, with 10 franchise partners across Ontario and Alberta and excellent year over year sales growth. Through our expertise in developing delicious meals with a focus on nutrition and special dietary needs, we aim to make a real difference to the lives of seniors and vulnerable people in Canada.
The Marketing Manager role will be working exclusively on executing the marketing plan for our B2C business Heart to Home Meals and will be responsible for one direct report, the Marketing Associate.
This role offers the right candidate a fantastic opportunity to contribute across a wide range of activities within a dynamic and ambitious marketing team. This position will be responsible for developing and managing the annual marketing plan to support the business in meeting the agreed sales budget. Key elements of the marketing plan include the publication of a semi-annual menu brochure, management of the website, delivery of multi-channel advertising campaigns (print, TV, social, PR, content marketing, digital, direct mail) and other brand development initiatives as identified by the Marketing Manager. Timely execution of the marketing plan is a key deliverable as well as being agile in execution to ensure that marketing funds deliver maximum profitability.
The successful candidate will liaise with key internal and external stakeholders including management, product development, franchisees and end consumers. They will also work closely with vendors including creative suppliers, agencies and printers.
The key areas of responsibility include:
- Managing all marketing for the Heart to Home Meals brand to the agreed annual marketing budget.
- Responsible for the development of all corporate and franchisee specific marketing collateral
- Monitoring active marketing programs and adapting tactics to enhance sales growth
- Oversee the content creation and performance of Heart to Home Meals social media and other web-based marketing strategies (Heart to Home Meals Blog, SEO, Google Ads, Bing, Native Advertising)
- Trade show coordination for franchise development
- Attending franchise shows to support the sale of franchise territories
- Develop and maintain the website content and use new media as appropriate to engage prospect customers
- Ensure adherence to the Heart To Home Meals corporate design and assist with its continual evolution
- Working closely with design agencies, photographers, printers and assisting with new product launches.
- Working closely with internal teams (Product Development, Production, Quality Assurance) to ensure successful product launches
- Support the franchise network as a marketing expert to liaise and share marketing best practices
- Provide leadership, direction and support to the Marketing Associate
· 7+ years’ experience working in a Marketing Role
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven track record of managing cross-functional project teams
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite; especially Excel
- Digital marketing experience
- Experience managing people, teams, supplier and agencies
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign & Photoshop)
- Knowledge of media buying and working with creative teams
- Strong team leadership skills
- Genuine interest in food
- Confident and dynamic personality
- Empathy with seniors
- Flexible and enjoys challenge
- Able to work under own initiative within a set of agreed parameters
- First class communication skills – both written and verbal
- Good presentation skills
- Drive to challenge and improve
- Strong attention to detail
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- Marketing: 7 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)