1685 Tech Ave, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0A7
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Health Services Coordinator
Specialty Health Network (or SHN, as we call ourselves) is a growing division of Shoppers Drug Mart, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. We pride ourselves in having an awesome work culture and fun environment! We offer competitive salaries, a great benefit package, Shoppers Drug Mart discount, Goodlife gym discount, RRSP/Pension plans, Employee share ownership plan, professional training and development and many more perks!
Shoppers Drug Mart was acquired by Loblaw in 2014, the largest employer in Canada – making your career opportunities within our larger organization - endless!
Reporting to the Manager of Customer Care, the Health Services Coordinator’s primary objectives are to respond to inbound inquiries, schedule deliveries of medication with patients and couriers, indexing patient documents and triaging calls to the appropriate department/personnel. As well as any other duties as assigned.
As the position deals with highly sensitive information, the incumbent is expected to act in a diplomatic professional manner, and maintain patient confidentiality, as per SDM Specialty Health Network policy and legal requirements.
The Health Services Coordinator is directly responsible for coordinating and organizing deliveries of medication; indexing patient documents and general customer service items required during these processes.
Nature and Scope
The Health Services Coordinators are the first line of contact for patients, caregivers, clinics, consumers, medical professionals and pharmacies. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, responding to customer service inquires pertaining to patient support programs, obtaining and documenting patient information, coordinating subsequent patient deliveries between patients and couriers, conducting refill pharmacy calls to patients, triaging to: clinical services team for nurse training and counseling, reimbursement specialists for coverage assistance and inquiries, finance and other departments within the company.
The incumbent must be able to work effectively, with short lead times and changing customer demands. The Health Services Coordinator must carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with internal polices and procedures, as well as maintaining timelines based on contractual obligations.
The Health Services Coordinator also needs to have excellent communication skills, detailed oriented and be able to adapt well to changing priorities while multitasking, prioritize work, and meet deadlines. The expectation is that HSC’s will be cross trained on all activities and tasks required to support the departments work volumes.
What you will do
- Respond to incoming customer related calls from patients, pharmacies and clinics regarding status of active patient files or follow-up of scheduled deliveries.
- Perform outbound calls including but not limited to scheduling patient deliveries, conducting pharmacy refill calls for on-going therapies.
- Indexing patient documents coming in from clinics, MD offices, pharmacies, and insurance companies to the appropriate files. Or creating files as needed.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all parties involved in Health Services, ensuring that the unique needs of patients, clinics and program requirements are met.
- Results driven - must meet or exceed establish performance metrics.
- Assisting Manager, Customer care with projects as requested.
- Report all Adverse Events (AE) and Product Technical Complaints (PTC) immediately or as soon as possible upon becoming aware of the event as per current policies and procedures.
What you will need
- Bilingual (English and French; verbal and written) preferred.
- Minimum 1-year Call Center experience, Healthcare or Insurance Experience an asset.
- Post Secondary Education an asset.
- A team player with the desire to provide superior customer care.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment using MS Office (Excel, Word).
- Working experience with Pure Connect- Genesys is an asset.
- Flexible to work rotating shifts, call center is open Monday – Friday 8am – 8pm EST.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. , we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.