Furano Pacific Consulting Ltd. (FPC) is an ambitious, innovative, growing company.
FPC is currently seeking a talented Electrical Designer to join our growing team, with the position located at either our Vancouver or Squamish office. We are seeking someone with enthusiasm for what they do, and a commitment to grow with our company. This position will be responsible for coordinating and producing detailed design specifications on a variety of projects within the electrical discipline.
FPC is a purpose-oriented and determined organization focused on designing simple, innovative and high-performance building systems. We are passionate about client-oriented business and energy-efficient design.
Our success is derived from our passion and commitment to the work we do and the people with whom we work. We are an entrepreneurial company that values constant learning, improvement and growth while working hard to support the success of our clients and their projects. Our projects vary from residential, commercial to industrial.
FPC offers a competitive salary with the goal of creating a fun work atmosphere and strong culture.
Responsibilities of this role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Design of building services and life safety systems, including lighting and controls, PA and intercom, CCTV, security, and fire alarm systems.
- Design and analysis of power systems including MV and LV distribution, motors, process equipment, controls and instrumentation.
- Preparation of technical memorandum, reports and electrical specifications.
- Attendance to various stage project meetings involving clients, consultants and contractors.
- Coordination with local utilities for power and telecommunication services.
- Coordination with equipment manufacturers and suppliers to obtain all necessary design data and incorporate into the design drawings and specifications.
- Providing construction services including shop drawing review, RFI response, RFQ and change order review, supervision of testing and commissioning, and site inspection.
- Preparation of engineering analysis including design considerations and calculations, arc flash and protection coordination, life cycle and construction cost estimate, and equipment selection.
- Conducting site surveys to gather field data and site inspections for condition assessment.
- Management on project issues, budgets, and schedules.
- Report writing and specification preparation.
- Work with equipment, building, and plant layouts.
- Power and load capacity calculations.
- Design within hazardous classified areas for both Class I and Class II environments.
- Specification and selection of equipment and components.
- Code and standard knowledge to ensure delivery of designs within industry standards.
- Site visits inspections and reports
- Coordinate project work with engineers of other disciplines and architects.
- Manage client interactions including attending meetings.
- Construction administration including site visits and inspections.
- Incorporate sustainable design methods in buildings.
- 2 or more years of electrical design experience.
- AutoCAD and Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint proficiency is required.
- Proven ability to design and draft.
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible.
- Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn, teamwork, creativity.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to interface with clients and translate client requests into concrete deliverables.
- Excellent time management habits, ability to multi-task, ability to sustain focus on long tasks.
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way.
- Proven interest in working in the electrical design and construction industry.
- Associates Degree, technologist or other relevant experience in a related engineering/science discipline with a sound knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, ETAP and REVIT are an asset
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and strong interpersonal, verbal communication and technical report writing skills.
- Track record of sustainable and innovative approach to design .
Please submit your resume. In your resume, clearly indicate when/where/how you have met the requirements. Only candidates selected will be contacted.
We value diversity as a strength and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
No recruiters please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home